1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Favourite places to watch the fireworks?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by keith, Jun 30, 2008.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

so where does everyone stand to watch the fireworks?

It's weird, we've been SO many times but we've tended to stand at the same spot each time :lol:

Well last visit, we ventured away from our usual spot at epcot across to france where we bought a couple of glasses of champagne in really nice light up glasses :p and it was like a different show! the differnt view completely changed it!

So where's your favourite place to watch Wishes at magic Kingdom, Illuminations at Epcot etc? (and am I the only one who MUST have something nice to drink whilst watching :wink: )

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Our new favourite places to stand are on the path to the rose garden in MK and bang in the middle of the entrance to World Showcase in Epcot, we had to stake that one out quite early (well DH and the kids did while I hit MouseGear :wink:) but it was a lovely unobstructed view. :D

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I like to have something nice to drink too, but not if I'm driving home that night. :(

Anyway, I like just about anywhere around the lagoon. Used to be a favorite spot tucked up in Mexico at the cantina tables toward the back, but that got too crowded!

I also like the bridge from UK to France.

Don't much care for the America pavilion side. It's too obstructed.

Wishes? Right smack in front of the castle, or a bit back by the statue of Walt and Mickey, or down to the right (if Main St is at your back) near the little restaurant there (Plaza?). It's a great place for Wishes, but not the parade.

I also enjoyed seeing them from the water, but you do miss some of the show that way.

And then of course there is that guest room of mine with the teensy view of both Wishes and Illuminations! LOL!

4. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

I don't care where we are...as long as we see them in WDW lol. My fav memory to date involving firework wacthing at WDW is from our last trip. Our first day we got there around 4pm...POP Century btw...no tickets for the first day...we settled into our rooms, grabbed a bite to eat at the food court and relaxed for a bit....It was after a very late snack, we were comming out of the main building and heard them *BOOM* *CRACK* we turned and looked up and WOWWWWW. we stood there thru them all...the 5 of us ooo ing and ahhing lol....it was great :)

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

For Wishes, we like to stand right in the middle of the road of Main Street.
    For illuminations....if we're lucky there is a spot in front of Italy which is good if you can get next to the railings.

6. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

I love watching wishes from main street as you get such a good view of the castle.

The best place so far to watch illuminations was from france. :):)

7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Tink's guest room. :D

We always used to watch Illuminations from Norway but it got all crowded and horrible. One time me and Nanny Lesley stood in the rain on the bridge between UK and France and had a fantastic view. Well worth the soaking.

8. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Like to watch whishes just across from Crystal palace, great view.

9. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

do we have to be there very early for these shows or because theyre fireworks we can see them from anywhere? can we see them from any restaurants?

10. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

You dont have to get there too early for illuminations as you will be able to see the fireworks from most of the places in world showcase.

We have viewed illuminations from inside nine dragons and it was fantastic. We did have a window seat so if you are planning to view them from here I would request a window table when you check in at the podium. The meal was very good and while we were sipping our wine the fireworks started. They were amazing and while the show was on the servers didnt distract our view of the fireworks.

There seems to be more hustle and bustle at mk for wishes so I would get your spot early. We have viewed the fireworks from main street numerous times and from the front of the castle.

Both fireworks shows are fantastic and it is so nice to watch them with the people you love. They become very treasured disney memories. :smiley5:

11. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

thanks tigger! we tried to get into nine dragons but were told it was closed at the moment but hopefully we can watch from outside :smiley4:

12. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

TBH, This is one area I really don't plan too much. I tend to just wonder over 5 mins before the start of the show and hope i'm not stood behind someone really tall!

:)

Jodie

13. Catherine

Catherine Earning my ears

Oh Keith i like the sound of that champagne in light up glasses, might try this next month. We tend to watch it from around Canada/England. The tree's can obscure your view a little but its still fantastic. I remember one day we where sat on the benches just across from the Rose and Crown and we stopped there and you could just see the fireworkd through the top of the tree's, it was actually superb, just relaxing (with a pint in my hand i may add, not a glass of champagne like keith) .

Just love the Illuminations, i have to say though, we wasn't keen on the Illuminations cruise, we much preferred the Wishes cruise.

14. disneydiva

disneydiva Earning my ears

I thought the wishes cruise was much nicer than illuminations too. we always watch illuminations from the UK with a yard of ale for him and a cider for me