1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question February Break...

Discussion in 'General' started by Shellyamc, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Should I be afraid? I am trying to get our February trip set in stone since they could open up 2015 at any moment. We were originally going to go the weeks after the kid's have break to avoid the crowds. Looking now at the way we had it set up, the kids would be out of school for 9 days!! :eek3: Now I don't mind taking the tiny humans out of school, but that seems a bit much! Sooo..if we decided to go over February break (15th-20th is our break), with most of the next week as well, what are we looking at, crowd wise? We usually go in October and November and we have been crazy spoiled with the crowds, so we need some cold, hard truth!

Give it to me straight...I can take it ;)
  2. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

According to the crowd calendar at touringplans.com, the 15th is the only really busy day, scoring a crowd level of 8 out of 10.

It then drops to 7s, 6s and 5s until the 22nd Feb, where it drops into the 4s, 3s, and 2s.

In short, you should be fine. :)
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I can comment from around 10 years ago. We did a week over the break, it was only the weekend that was busy :)
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We've only been in February once. For the most part the weather was nice, though it could be quite chilly early on. We went over the President's Day holiday and crowds were heavy at times, but for the most part moderate.
  5. Shellyamc

Thanks guys!! I'm was a little worried about going over break, but this way we can have a 17 day vacation (11 park days + 6 days travel taking our time and stopping) , and the kids will only be out of school for 6 days! Way better all the way around :)
    Britchick likes this.
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It depends quite a bit on when the colleges and universities start their spring break sessions. For those with trimesters, you could run into spring breakers. It's a zoo then.

The weather is very, very iffy. You could be in for some real bone thawing warmth, or be quite disappointed with temps in the low thirties that mimic early or late winter in Herkimer.

February is not a bad time to go by any means, but it is not as predictable with weather and attendance as are other times.
  7. Shellyamc

Honestly we are only going in February because of Marc's Birthday :) Each little one is getting their own Birthday trip. So we just have to survive this one trip and then we can get back to normal times of year - lol. Well not totally true, we have our next trip in April , then normal :D

Good thing we are driving this time around - I can way over pack with the warm/cold clothing choices!!