1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Figment Family eats FREE! (day 2)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Figment, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Day Two

Figment…me…43
    Marcus…DH…40
    Jordan…DS…11 (eating off the adult menu for the 1st time)

Monday, August 25th

I forgot to add that on Sunday evening, I called Guest Services and requested a shower chair and a refrigerator. The CM asked me if it was for a medical reason…I simply said that the doctor recommended that I ice down my knee every night, but I was willing to pay if I had to. She said, “Sounds like a medical reason to me!” and within about 20 minutes, both had been delivered to our door. :thumbs_up:

We planned this trip to be a bit lazy…Marcus had been a tad displeased with our last trip that included a couple of 17 hour days. (wimp…:gy:) We arrived at Disney Studios about 10:30am…another scorcher of a day….we rode rides for just a little while then decided we’d sneak out to Coronado Springs Pepper Market for lunch. Now, I’ve heard Johnie just rave about this place for a couple of years now…and I have learned to *Always trust Johnie* :yes:

If you have never been here before, GO! It is amazing for a counter service meal. Marcus and I both had rib steak…I had mashed potatoes and the veggie of the day, which turned out to be summer squash and zucchini…quite tasty. Marcus can’t abide any real vegetables, so he had the fries. Jordan had a WONDERFUL chicken calzone…he asked to leave out the veggies, and they were quite pleased to do so. Jordan and I both had milk with our meal along with a glass of water Marcus had a soda (this will be important later). For dessert, Jordan had a bowl of chocolate ice cream and Marcus and I each had a decadent blueberry pastry. Our server (that’s right, a SERVER at a counter service) kept us well-filled on water and soda. Just as we were getting ready to go, I asked her if she could bring me another water so I could fill my now empty water bottle. She basically *pish-toshed* us and went away for a minute or so. She came back carrying a white paper bag…with 3 large Dasani bottles in it! She then scribbled the milks and sodas off the tab cards and wrote in water! So here was our first server out to win our affection. If you aren’t on the dining plan, they automatically add a 10% service charge to your bill…we didn’t have to, but we did leave her a small tip for being so nice to us. Our bill was about $74!!! :shocked025: For COUNTER SERVICE!!! Would we go back, definitely…were lots of things we saw we regretted not getting, even though what we had was very good.:bravo1:

Back to DHS we went…and we headed directly to Toy Story Mania. Jordan was quite excited about trying out this ride, and he was not disappointed. I was worried it would be too much like the Buzz Lightyear ride in MK, but it is very different, and I think, even more fun. When we got off the ride and went to leave, we realized that it was POURING down rain…a terrible thunder storm. :eek3: Now this is yet another example of Murphy’s Law. EVERY trip we have ever made, I have had at least 3 rain ponchos packed and we have never seen a single drop. When I was packing for this trip, I could only find one. I kept meaning to get to the dollar store to grab some more, but I never made it. It was pouring buckets, and no one would leave the ride…they actually had to close down for a while because the exit was so clogged with ECVs and other guests not wanting to get soaked.

When it finally slacked off a bit (notice I did not say, “stopped”) I donned my bright orange rain poncho and covered the ECV as best as I could. We made a run for whatever was close and ended up in Prince Caspian…hey, it was dry. When they pushed us out of there, we went to Walt’s One Man’s Dream and lingered in there quite a while.

We finally decided to call it quits and sneak out of the park about 8:30pm thinking Fantasmic! had been cancelled because of the storm. Just as we were leaving we heard the music start :cry1: …oh, well…we had other days ahead.

When we got back to the resort, we headed to the food court for a late dinner. Marcus had the chicken alfredo pasta which he really enjoyed. Jordan had the chili cheese dog and fries, which he devoured. I had the sliced London broil…he’d given me the end of a really nice rare one, but then had to start another that was closer to medium well. The rare was very good, but I was disappointed in the other. We all got muffins for dessert and decided to save them for breakfast…which we did frequently in the days to come.:yes:

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Yum. Sounds WONDERFUL so far, Figment!!!

And of course, now I'm hungry!

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

:lol: That's right, I will never steer you wrong.

Sounds like a great day except for the weather. I have about...oh a million.....ponchos. If I forget to carry one, we always need them.

4. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

You are the second person in about three days I've heard rave about Coronado Springs Pepper Market. Just may have to check it out...

5. Johnie

It's good Krista! They have the best steak fajitas!

6. luvthemouse

Mmmmm....fajitas.... Maybe we could swing over for lunch one day?

7. Johnie

Sounds like a plan to me!

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

yummy yummy trip report :p015:

9. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Well you know I like Mexican food!

Thanks for the reminder about the ponchos - have added them to my shopping list for tomorrow! :overhere:

10. luvthemouse

Shall I bring you some pickled jalapenos?

11. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

:lol: Hot Salsa would be better - my supermarket doesn't stock the one I like any more!

12. luvthemouse

I'll see what I can do!!!;)

13. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Great Trip Report Figment ! Diana and I may have to try Pepper Market in November . Sounds Yummy !