Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, Nov 2, 2014.
A fire started Saturday night at the Magic Kingdom when a small portion of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train caught fire. Guests who were riding the Mine Train at the time were evacuated shortly after the fire was started.
The Reedy Creek Fire Department responded and used an aerial ladder to put out the fire immediately according to eyewitnesses.
Fire officials have said that the fire may have started when firework debris landed on top of the attraction and ignited decorative materials on the outside of the structure.
No injuries or major damage was reported to the structure.
Glad no one hurt
It was lucky Robert, I agree.
Don't they douse other attraction roofs in water to prevent them from igniting during the fireworks?
Did they miss this one, or is the roof a shape that doesn't hold water?
I do not believe they douse anything. It's more a matter of controlling the fireworks. That attraction is new to that area, as you know so having the calculations be off might be more of the problem.
Then again, I honestly don't know.
Hmm... Wasn't there a story about the roof of the Little Mermaid ride catching fire?
I thought that mentioned that the roofs were kept wet during firework time.
...Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly, wouldn't be the first time!
It sounds vaguely familiar. You could be right! I can barely keep up with myself, never mind WDW!
I think you are right about the water Tony. I can vaguely remember being behind the castle and the ground being wet. This was long before the extension though.
I heard the dwarfs forgot to put out their campfire. It was pretty chilly this weekend.
I just asked a CM friend who's worked for WDW for nearly 20 years and he says they do spray down some areas. He says the best place to see that happen is from the 2nd floor of Columbia Harbor House about 20 minutes before the show.
So! Tony! You were correct!
First time for everything!
Don't say that, you are often right
Separate names with a comma.