1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fireworks

Discussion in 'Hobbies A - Z' started by djdigitald, Nov 9, 2009.

1. djdigitald

djdigitald Earning my ears

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///D:%5CTEMP%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:windowtext; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; text-underline:none; text-decoration:none; text-line-through:none;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> As has been said before I am a professional pyrotechnician! It started as a hobby and has blossomed into one that I now get paid for so if you can still call it a hobby I don’t know. Apart from <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:state> and Liverpool FC I am absolutely Pyro mad, so much so it drives Kaye mad when I always go on about it! So I know the Bonfire night displays have all but gone but if anyone wants any information on how to do their own displays safely, what to do for different events etc… give me a shout and I will try and point you in the right direction (I also know a bit about how they do the Disney displays so if you are interested in that ask as well!). BTW Fireworks are not all about the things you see in your local supermarket, far from it!!!<o:p></o:p>

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Thanks for the post mate, I think its a fascinating subject. I watched a documentary years ago now about the pyrotecnics that were to accompany a Frank Sinatra concert and the final 'biggie' was made of so many layers it was an astonsishing work of engineering and I'm sure technology has advanced it beyond all recognition now - the fact you can produce smiley faces and stars like you get in the wishes firework dispays blows my mind.

Out of interest from a technical point of view which are you favourite fireworks at WDW?

3. djdigitald

Good question! I think technically i would say Epcot as it has the lake involved as well as other more unusual methods of launching fireworks. I have not seen the Magic Kingdom ones in a while now but when i last saw them, although i thought they were superb, they were not much different than what i would see in a large display i have performed on.

The problem with being in the industry i find, is that you become very over critical of displays you see outside of what you do. I suppose that is the GEEK side of it! LOL

4. djdigitald

On your first part of your reply, you will be surprised as to <link rel="File-List" href="file:///D:%5CTEMP%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:windowtext; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; text-underline:none; text-decoration:none; text-line-through:none;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> how they haven’t changed that much at all. Yes the methods of manufacture have advanced and the way they are able to create the way the fireworks explode have got better but the actual way of making them and material used hasn’t really changed since the beginning! <o:p></o:p>

5. Skywatcher

Thanks mate

Hve you seen Wishes?

The previous MK display was , I think a bit - meh but Wishes blows my mind! As I said they have fireeworks that explode in the shape of smiley faces, genie heads and stars and the Huuuuuuuge gold cascade firework at the end must be 100's of meters across

6. djdigitald

No i haven't but i have just been watching it on here MouseVids.com - Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Wishes
    and yes i do agree it is a great display but it just isn't a display that includes fireworks that i wouldn't see in any other show i regularly do. Whereas the Illuminations display at Epcot has water fireworks etc... which is something that is rarely seen and there is imho a lot more creativity in the Epcot Display.

7. djdigitald

Just found this on Youtube and it was the display that i did last weekend at Ascot Racecourse. This is the finale and was shot from the firing site by one of the crew who i was working with.

[youtube]jKs1e5W1yoA[/youtube]

BTW i am sure you will recognise the music :thumbsup:

8. Skywatcher

The thing about the full maxed out Wishes and the one they used for the Pirates and Princess' party was that the fireworks were released 'in the round' from Adventureland and Tomorrowland as well as the usual behind the castle so you literally had fireworks all around you ( and the castle appered to be on fire at one point which was amazing.

9. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

My favourite are illuminations at Epcot

the best firework display i saw was for the 50th anniversary of the battle of britain in London. Phenomenal- will never forget it.

10. djdigitald

The best display i have seen is

[youtube]sJhwpkkHkpA[/youtube]

11. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

What I'd like to know is who was the brave soul that put the fireworks on the roof of Wembley Stadium to go off during Coldplay's concert!

12. djdigitald

No idea but i had to help put fireworks at the top of the first hill of this!

[​IMG]

Jubilee Odyssey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Yowzer!

14. djdigitald

Indeed, especially when i was at the top and the thing was swaying in the wind about a foot either way!

15. djdigitald

16. Skywatcher

Cool thanks mate :D

17. djdigitald

No worries

18. djdigitald

19. joseph

joseph Banned

Fireworks itself a great art and it requires creativity both in making and displaying in sky. I am a worker in firework company and we make according to the demand of market. You just select the fireworks and set your time of firing them.