1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

First Look at Merchandise for the 30th Anniversary of Epcot at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The 30th anniversary of Epcot is on the 1st October 2012 and to celebrate, Disney will be releasing several items on that milestone day.

epcot-30th-1.jpg

Disney Design Group artists Qunyh Kimball and John Henselmeier recently talked about their work on the anniversary style guide being used as reference for merchandise.

epcot-30th-2.jpg

“We loved the warm colors and illustrations found in [the Epcot Center book],” explained John. “In the past five years, we have designed many vintage Epcot items. For the 30th anniversary, we wanted something different – a retro but contemporary feeling, something we call ‘today’s vintage.’ That soft cover book really helped us achieve that look.”

epcot-30th-3.jpg

Work on the style guide began in December 2011 at the request of the Disney Pins team. Pins have been a big part of previous Epcot anniversaries and they will play a part in October. The image above contains a few pins, including a reversible lanyard, a few mystery pins and a pin that looks like it’s from an early 1980s video game.

There will also be a jumbo pin that uses the soft cover book image in the packaging. In addition to pins, look for a few softline items including a T-shirt that uses the “21st Century Continues” artwork as seen in the first image.

epcot-30th-4.jpg

Do you have a story about your favorite thing from Epcot in the past 30 years
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

OMG!!!

I have been thinking recently of my first trip to Epcot in 1986, and about the purple robot there with Figment!!!

I remember the pavillion, you could build your own rollercoaster, and then you could submit questions and the robot would turn around and answer you.. I also remember I didnt speak any English and just stood and watched the kids with the robot:unsure: