1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

First Picture of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent !

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

"The Walt Disney Studios announced today that production began Wednesday, June 13th, on “Maleficent,” starring Academy Award–winning actress Angelina Jolie. Directed by two-time Oscar-winning production designer Robert Stromberg (“Avatar,” “Alice in Wonderland”), in his directorial debut, and produced by Joe Roth, “Maleficent” is written by Linda Woolverton (“The Lion King,” “Beauty and the Beast”) and executive produced by Angelina Jolie, Don Hahn, Matt Smith and Palak Patel.

Angelina Jolie has undergone something of a transformation to play the evil sorcess Maleficient.

maleficent-angelina-jolie.jpg

The Oscar-winning actress is seen with the famous horned headpiece as she takes the title role of the Sleeping Beauty sorceress in the forthcoming fairytale spin-off, which has started production.

Angelina - who is also executive producer - is seen with yellow contacts and chiselled cheekbones as she transforms into the self-proclaimed 'mistress of all evil' for the movie.

Disney's live-action, 3-D fantasy film "Maleficent," due in theaters March 14, 2014, is an alternate retelling of the story of "Sleeping Beauty." Instead of Princess Aurora, the story focuses on the life of her nemesis Maleficent -- depicted in the 1959 animated Disney classic -- and what drove her to cast an evil spell.

All indications point to Maleficent being more sympathetic in this updated version -- or at least better understood.
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

This is going to be so cool!
  3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Oooh she looks fab! :thumbsup:
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I think she looks fantastic
  5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I have to say that I am not really a fan of Angelina, but that pictures looks amazing!!:yes:
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

She's got Lady GaGa cheeks :lol:
  7. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

Is it really, gosh I saw the advert on Facebook yesterday, would never have said it was Angelina Jolie
  8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Malificent is my favorite villain. I LOVE her and cannot wait to see this movie! If this picture is any indication of how the rest will be then it appears to be spot on!