1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

First time at DLP - what not to miss?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by Jax1970, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Jax1970

Jax1970 Imagineer

So, DH and I have booked a quick between WDW visits fix, and will be visiting DLP in October. We have included a night with MNSSHP, and know there will be plenty of Halloween theming, but what else is there that we mustn't miss?

Also, any recommendations on where to eat please?

Thanks!

Jackie
  2. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

You have to do the obvious

Space Mountain & Thunder Mountain (Both so much better than WDW, in my opinion).

For a slow down moment walk down both arcades behind the shops either side of Mainstreet (There are loads of interesting posters and memorabilia to look at.

Definately take time to see the Lion King show, it's a West End production on a smaller scale!

Crush's Coaster at the Studios (go there as soon as the park opens and there will probably already be a queue!!) and Cinemagic (Often overlooked but a brilliant show).

Places to eat, we love Annettes Diner in the Village, typical diner with loads of energy from the CM's including rollerskating servers.

Cafe Mickey is great for a character breakfast but is certainly no Chef Mickeys.

If you like seafood try the Blue Lagoon which is inside Pirates of the Caribbean
  3. Jax1970

Jax1970 Imagineer

I didn't know there was a Lion King Show! Which park is that in please? And what is it called?
  4. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

It's called Legend of the Lion King (I think) it runs several times each day as is staged in Videopolis which is in Tomorrowland in the Disneyland Park (Opposite Space Mountain)
  5. Jax1970

Jax1970 Imagineer

6. goody2shooos

goody2shooos Earning my ears

Well, sorry to disappoint but the Lion King Show has now finished.
    I would recommend Pirates of the Caribbean - also better than WDW, Buzz Lightyear's laser blast and Stitch - Live!
    Crush's Coaster is a fantastic ride, but the queues are astronomical. In August we were there - we went to Studios park for opening at 09.30 and straight to Crush and still had to wait over an hour to get on the ride. At all other times the wait is about 2-3hours. They did trial fastpass but so many people were using it, the normal queue escalated to 3-4hours!
    The studios park seems a little quieter in the morning, so if you can bear it, go there 1st and into the magic kingdom in the afternoon.
    A couple of tips - if you are staying at a disney hotel you can eat breakfast in any of them (other than the Disneyland hotel). i.e. stay at Santa Fe, but breakfast in the New York (without the queues and chaos). We always do this, regardless of which hotel we stay at, and it starts the day in a lovely way.
    Walt's restaurant on main street is excellent and if you ask in advance you can usually get a window table so you can watch parade / activity without being crushed.
    Enjoy your trip = I have been to DLP 19 times now and can't wait for number 20!
    Claire x
  7. Coolape

Coolape Addicted to Mickey

Is this true? I never knew you could eat breakfasts at any of the hotels..
  8. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I do think that aerosmith ride is not good as WDW but tower of terror using different technology than the ones at the WDW which is much more scarier and it is different ride all together apart from the obvious bit!

Crusher roller coast is one the best ride and yep queue are nightmare for this ride! It worth it!

Sppace mountain and rail road is better than WDW, if you staying at the Disney hotel you can go to magic kingdom an hour early but not all thenirdes will be open.

Space Mountain was open for those who are staying at Disney hotel. We went on this ride 4/5 times in the morning before others arrived then we dash over to crusher coaster first thing so the queue wasn't too bad...