1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

First Time Pin Trading for Kids

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by Tinker, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I received a PM from a member that was interested in learning how to get her children ( ages 8 & 5 ) involved in pin trading for the first time .
    My suggestion is for anyone that wants to get their child collecting for the first time . Ebay !!! Once at ebay , whether it be US or UK , type in either Disney lanyard starter set or lot of Disney pins . This member found in her search 15 authentic Disney trading pins for $20. and change . Thats less than $2.00 a pin . And most of you know what you pay at Disney .
    Young children really don't understand the concept of pin trading for hidden mickeys, limited edition , etc .
    The fun of pin trading is collecting what they like and seeing their faces light up in the process .

Another tip for the kids is look for Cast Members wearing green lanyards . They are the cast members that will only trade with kids ( up to age 12) and if they have a hidden mickey or special pin on , they were most certainly point that out . And then as they meet other CM's if they have matches to that series and the hunt begins .
  2. punkster223

punkster223 Earning my ears

Wow thanks for the info.
  3. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

My daughters loved their pin trading. This is great advice to all new starters.

I bought some off ebay & gave them as a present for the girls to open on the plane at take off! Took their mind off the flying for a short time!

Thanks for sharing Deb xx
  4. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Earning my ears

I started purchasing quite a few off of Ebay last night & today....including a Disneyworld Sorcerer Mickey 2009! I'm excited about getting this one because we'll be there in a couple months...plus I love "sorcerer" Mickey!
  5. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Glad my threads are helping . Ebay is so much cheaper to buy traders .
  6. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Earning my ears

OMG!!!! I just bought a "Peter and the Wolf 1946" pin!!! I used to have this record as a kid & always played it & went along with the book. I still can't believe I found one reasonable. No one can wrangle me out of that one...EVER!!! Not even triple what I paid could do it.
  7. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

brilliant info there tinker :)