1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

First Time Pin Trading for Kids

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by Tinker, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Tinker

Tinker Addicted to Mickey

I received a PM from a member that was interested in learning how to get her children ( ages 8 & 5 ) involved in pin trading for the first time .
    My suggestion is for anyone that wants to get their child collecting for the first time . Ebay !!! Once at ebay , whether it be US or UK , type in either Disney lanyard starter set or lot of Disney pins . This member found in her search 15 authentic Disney trading pins for $20. and change . Thats less than $2.00 a pin . And most of you know what you pay at Disney .
    Young children really don't understand the concept of pin trading for hidden mickeys, limited edition , etc .
    The fun of pin trading is collecting what they like and seeing their faces light up in the process .

Another tip for the kids is look for Cast Members wearing green lanyards . They are the cast members that will only trade with kids ( up to age 12) and if they have a hidden mickey or special pin on , they were most certainly point that out . And then as they meet other CM's if they have matches to that series and the hunt begins .

2. punkster223

punkster223 Earning my ears

Wow thanks for the info.

3. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

My daughters loved their pin trading. This is great advice to all new starters.

I bought some off ebay & gave them as a present for the girls to open on the plane at take off! Took their mind off the flying for a short time!

Thanks for sharing Deb xx

4. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Earning my ears

I started purchasing quite a few off of Ebay last night & today....including a Disneyworld Sorcerer Mickey 2009! I'm excited about getting this one because we'll be there in a couple months...plus I love "sorcerer" Mickey!

5. Tinker

Tinker Addicted to Mickey

Glad my threads are helping . Ebay is so much cheaper to buy traders .

6. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Earning my ears

OMG!!!! I just bought a "Peter and the Wolf 1946" pin!!! I used to have this record as a kid & always played it & went along with the book. I still can't believe I found one reasonable. No one can wrangle me out of that one...EVER!!! Not even triple what I paid could do it.

7. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

brilliant info there tinker :)