1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

First Time!

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by Pippa, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Pippa

Pippa Earning my ears

Hi there! :wave:

We have just booked a two week holiday in Orlando going on 21 May. I've been told there's stuff that needs to be pre-booked WELL in advance, but have no idea what to do or what this might be. We're London based and taking our 2 kids - 10 yr old boy 6yr old girl and KNOW NOTHING about Disney - I went for 3 days about 20 years ago!! HELP.....
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

:hello1: Pippa and welcome to Secrets.

How exciting this must be for you all!!!
    Where are you staying for your trip.....on or offsite?

If you want to eat in the WDW parks themselves, it is advisable to book 'advanced dining reservations' for any table service meals you may want in advance. There are plenty of counter service options too.
    You can even eat and have the characters visit your table!

Do you have your park tickets?
    Are you planning on doing Disney only or SeaWorld/Universal/Busch Gardens etc too?
  3. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

:wave: Hi Pippa and welcome

How lovely for you and your family, just ask away and we'll try to help you

Sandra
  4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

hello and welcome to secrets pippa :wave:
  5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: Welcome, we'll be glad to help!!
  6. cammy73

cammy73 Earning my ears

Hello....
    In my expierience there's not that much "normal" stuff that you need to pre book...just if you want to do something special....you'll have an exhausting but fab time...
    x
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh goodness! Welcome! Read fast! :eek: :hug2:

Seriously, ask any question you can think of and we'll do our best to get the information to you as fast as we can.

As stated, if you want a full service meal in a park or WDW resort restaurant or DTD you need to book ahead of time, or run the real risk of not having a place to eat. There is always counter service though, so you won't starve.

There are tours of the parks, but many have age requirements that are older than your children. There are also other sorts of events, sporting ect. But seriously, there is so very much to do in the parks, you won't need to book special events!

There are of course, four Disney parks, two Universal parks, Seaworld and if you want to travel, Busch Gardens in Tampa.

What ones do you plan on visiting?
  8. wruffy

wruffy Earning my ears

There are lots of ressies you can make at resturaunts, but if you don't get the one you want, sometimes you can show up and get a table where someone has cancelled or not shown up. Ak has a new picnic in the park that sounds fun. Hope this helps, we will e there from 22, may thru 30,May. Have fun
  9. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

10. Pippa

Pippa Earning my ears

Thanks for the big welcome!

We are staying in an apartment in Holiday Inn Orange Lake Village. Someone told us there was a Cinderella's castle show or meal (not sure what) that we should be booking now. Also, haven't booked park tickets yet -what's the most cost effective way of doing this? We should be able to do quite a lot in two weeks. May try and do Busch Gardens as well.
  11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Cinderella's Royal Table. I believe it's a Princess Breakfast, not sure about the other meals, as in all these years we've never dined there (and probably won't). You will definitely have to book that in advance!

Orange Lake is in a good location so you'll have easy access to a great Publix (very extensive selection of food items and other things).

Park tickets are always a pricey event. I use an AP so am NOT the best help there. Others will be though. Perhaps it's best to now post your quesitons or needs in the forums where those specifics are discussed. That way you'll get the most thorough responoses! :yes:
  12. chief

chief Earning my ears

welcome, you will have a great time. you find out loads of things on the secrets site.
  13. Pippa

Pippa Earning my ears

Thank you for the tip - am hopeless at working out how to use this site, so being very slow!! Will go to specific forums as you suggest - thanks again.
  14. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Hi Pippa and WELCOME :wave:

I guess I'd recommend starting here http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums

Look for a forum title that most closely matches what you want to ask, click into it and do new thread. Dont worry if you cant decide which one to post in, just go for it and we'll move it to the right one if we think there's a better match :yes:

After that, when you dont have anything specific to ask but want to see what's new, click the "new posts" button at the top. That will show you whats new since the last time you were here :D

Mostly just have fun! We're not at all stuffy about this and that so feel free to post :D