1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fishing at WDW

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by gwennie81, May 27, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Did you know you can do fishing excursions at WDW? ALL OVER?!?
    :nemo: :flounder:

I saw people fishing in World Showcase Lagoon the last time I was at Epcot. I was told Disney stocks the lagoon with bass fish (upon closer inspection when getting ready to board one of the ferries, It's true!)

Of course you can always do dockside fishing at a few of the resorts but, in case you prefer to do your angling from a boat...

I looked up the info on the WDW website. Sure enough, for $260 up to 4 people can do a little bass fishin'! (I'm pretty sure it's $260 for the whole party). Passholders can get 10% off. Here's more info.

Catch-and-release fishing on excursions and dockside fishing are available at select Disney Resort marinas throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Enjoy a 2 hour private excursion or simply fish the old-fashioned way, dockside.

Fishing Excursions
    Cast out your line and reel in the fun on a 2-hour fishing excursion on the lakes of Walt Disney World Resort. Embark on a guided bass fishing excursion—available year-round—with up to 4 friends aboard a 21-foot Tracker pontoon boat.

All Walt Disney World Resort Guided Fishing Excursions include:
    • An experienced guide
    • Rod and reel
    • Tackle
    • Artificial and live bait
    • Beverages (Guests may not bring beverages, food or coolers aboard)
    • One year BASS (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society) membership, which includes 11 issues of Bassmaster Magazine (One membership per excursion)

Fishing Excursion times and prices:
    • 7:00 a.m. - $260 USD
    • 10:00 a.m. - $260 USD
    • 1:30 p.m. - $230 USD (for solo fishers)
    Extended excursions are also available (additional fees apply).

Fishing Excursions take place along the following Walt Disney World Resort waterways:
    • Bay Lake
    • Seven Seas Lagoon
    • Village Lake
    • Crescent Lake
    • World Showcase Lagoon

Guided Fishing Excursions are available at the following marinas:

Call (407) 939-BASS or (407) 939-2277 to make a reservation or simply book Your Fishing Excursion online now and a Fishing Coordinator will contact you in 12 - 24 hours.

Dockside Fishing
    For a more casual fishing environment, Dockside Fishing at Walt Disney World Resort is also available—without advance reservations—at the following Resort locations:

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

my friend is waiting on the economy to pick up as he want to start a chartered fishing company up near to his new villa in cape coral.

those prices are cheap gwen its close on double that in the gulf

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep. I've seen fishing excursions often at WDW.

There are some VERY reasonably priced Atlantic Deep Sea fishing excursions out of Port Canaveral. :yes: