1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Flights to Orlando

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by piratemum, Aug 9, 2011.

1. piratemum

piratemum Earning my ears

I will need to book flights for next year at some point. Is it better to use a travel agent or book them direct with an airline :unsure:

I've only been on package holidays before, so this is new to me. The villa we are staying in is a friend's family villa, so this isn't though a company.

Where do I stand with insurance if I book myself - do I have more protection if I use an agent?

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

as i always fly with virgin and knowing how expensive it is direct with them i always book thru a third party TA and have got some great prices in comparison to VA

one thing i havent been able to get is a good deal thru virgin holidays, i always check but they are too expensive for what ive paid for the same elsewhere

3. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

We always book diret with the airline but do a comparison and shop around a bit.

Try Kayak, Expedia, Opodo etc and that sort of site and then try a Travel Agent and see how they compare

Sandra

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Same here:yes:

5. piratemum

piratemum Earning my ears

You could always do what I'm doing - let someone else organise it :lol:

:sorry: I wouldn't know where to start if it was me, but it sounds like the people here know what they are talking about, good luck :)

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I always book myself direct with Virgin, but the first couple of times we went I booked through agents and we had a package.

If it's your first time and you are concerned, then it might be worth going through an agent just for peace of mind.

As far as insurance is concerned, you just arrange travel insurance through a company, this covers you should anything happen. The main difference is that you have to make contact with them yourself, but if you were on a package, the travel rep would organise things for you.