1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question Flying Fish Chef's Wine Tasting

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by uscwest, May 14, 2014.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Has anyone done this? I know it is a 5 course meal prepared before your eyes and each course is paired with wine. I'm interested in knowing what the cost might be and whether or not it is safe for a non-seafood eater to participate. In other words is it a set menu or do they cater to each individual person?

Thanks

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We looked into this during our trip last year, but couldn't find a day that worked for us. It's still at the top of our "to do" list for subsequent visits. From my notes - cost is $149/pp. The official word is that the menu "changes daily" but may include "such delicacies as miso-cured yellowfin tuna with shirred quail egg or ginger-laced Maine lobster ravioli." All of the reports I read included at least one seafood course, but I'm certain if you told them ahead of time that Donna doesn't care for seafood they would make other arrangements.

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While I am quite certain that I would absolutely love this, I read the two links you sent to me Becca and I just don't think it would fit with Donna's tastes. I know I can book it online but I think I would have to call and talk to the chef just to make sure before I committed the money. We are doing Flying Fish one night on our upcoming trip though, just not this dinner.