1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Flying into Tampa

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Dawn, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Had a quote for flights into Tampa and it is coming out around £40 ($70) per person cheaper than flying into Orlando.

Is the drive/hassle worth that saving?

Also had a nice quote flying indirect, just waiting to hear back on what city we do the plane change in.

Things are happening. :mental:

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

tampa isnt that far really 11/2-2 hrs more than likely, quite a saving when you add it all up isnt it

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

My uncle has a condo in Tampa, and when they visit they drive back and forth to Orlando daily, so I would think it is totally doable... especially since you will only be doing it on the day you arrive and on the day you leave

40 quid multiplied by, how many are going is Steve's family goes?? thats a lot of money!!! Could buy lots and lots or lightsabers

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The airport is essentially a straight shot west of Orlando. :yes: It's all I4 and that can be a problem, but there is never any guarantee for I4 regardless of which direction you are going in.

If it's that much of a savings, go for it. :yes: You might want to have a sleep over there though before heading to Orlando, depending upon the time you arrive? Only because it is a hectic bit of roadway...

5. Dawn

Adrian has nixed Tampa. By the time we've factored in the cost of fuel to get to and from there he doesn't consider the saving worth it. :shrug:

Indirect looking distinctly possible though. :unsure:

6. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

we did indirect, although it *was* it was a very long time ago. it wasn't too bad though.

7. Dawn

Yeah I've done indirect before but that was a *very* long time ago and didn't have a small child to deal with. The quote I was given today though was *extremely* tempting. Just need to confirm details like where we change plane and the most important thing - baggage allowance. :D

8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

That is perhaps the most interestingly apt description for that chunk of road that I've every heard! :mental:

Tom :)macwave:... Oh... let's see the sights! I know, we'll drive over to Yeehaw Junction!)