1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Help fold flat seats on planes?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by dvcjane, Sep 8, 2013.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

I was wondering about those seats that fold flat into beds on virgin and ba, do they let you do that whenever you want or is it only on night time flights? Im wondering if we can get some sleep on the way out to orlando
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Once you take off you can recline your seat whenever you want. At least that was my experience on BA. When I first sat down my seat had a bit of a tilt to it already and when they asked us to bring them to a full upright position for take off I did so, only to have the flight attendant tell me that these seats were meant to partially recline like that during takeoff and landing.
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I assume that you mean the seats in UC which actually form a bed?
    If that is the case then yes, you can convert the seat to a bed whenever you like, it`s just a push of a button!
    That said, I`ve never done it on the outward bound journey, but it is great to get a few hours sleep in comfort on the way back thats for sure.

I doubt whether they would allow you to have the bed position during take off and landing, but even on those occasions, they never tell you to have your seat bolt upright.