1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Food and wine festival

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Britchick, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

how big are the offerings at the booths? I quite like the idea of just snacking round the world showcase rather than being tied to a reservation on some nights but want to see how much that's going to cost me, am i right in thinking that they're about $7 each?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That's a little high. They run closer to $4-5 each and they are quite small. It will definitely cost you MORE than a full service restaurant meal.

We recognize that and just set our minds to having fun.

If you have beer or wine tastings those run from $4-$7 each depending upon size. Champagne is more.

It's definitely not a cost effective way to dine, but it sure is fun!
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

As Tink said, if you eat your way around the World it could cost you a lot more than having dinner at one of the WDW signature restaurants!
    It`s a fun way to indulge in a few snacks though. :thumbsup:
  4. Britchick

mmmm I've only got a little appetite and i wouldn't want to try everything. I'm toying with the idea of staying at the beach or yacht club and getting the DDP but if i'm going to spend a small fortune at the FWF then i would be better staying in a villa i think. For 3 of us :sorry: i don't know that the DDP is viable.
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Depends upon how often you want to have a full meal. You can use your snack credits at the FWF, as far as I remember.

I'm not a fan at all of the DDP so am not the one to ask.

If you have a small appetite, then the FWF is great for you. You can try a bite here and there and be fine.

Back when the samples were more than a speck, we used to share. It was great fun.

Now, it's still fun but the samples aren't as easy to share.

We always stay on property for the FWF. It allows us to have some wine and or beer samples with our tastings. Keeps us from having to worry about driving.

Maybe you could have a villa, but have a couple days where you stay at the Beach Club and do the FWF? The weekends of the festival are traditionally quite busy, but during the week it's really not a problem to get through the festival without standing on line for ages.
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Donna and I frequently skip a full meal to nosh around the world. Sometimes we will even do it twice in a trip. Despite the portions being small we find that we fill up rather well and I don't think we spend as much there as we would in a full course signature meal.

And yes your snack credits are good at F&W, though we never do the DDP.
  7. Britchick

mmmmm I'll have to wait and see whether Jon will be joining us or not before we make the decision, thanks for your input guys
  8. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Some items are only one bite, but there are some that are larger. I can fill up on about 3 to 5 items, depending on what I get. I have a tendancy to get too full eating in the sit-down restaurants so generally just do quick serves or snacks anyway.

Most items at the FAWF are 3 to 5 dollars. I think the most expensive thing is the lobster roll. It isn't very good anyway.

The cheese plate at the Ireland booth is a good sharable item. As are the escargot in France (not that you would WANT to share...those little buttered brioche they come in are delicious!) and the sushi in Japan.

Last year they started serving beer in smaller cups so you could actually sample more of them, rather than they used to serve it in the regular big cups.

I'm pretty sure I posted photos on this forum somewhere...I don't know where they are now.
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I think you can share items. I tend to do that so we can sample more stuff.
  10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Being a native New Englander I have looked at that Lobster Roll and there is no way I would pay that price.

Donna and I do this frequently, unless there is something she just won't eat, like lamb, veal or seafood related items.