1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

food & wine festival?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disneymom, Sep 28, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I was wondering about the festival, are there free wine and food samples or do you have to buy them all?

It could get expensive quickly even if the samples cost a little money
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i've only been once so i can't remember, the snacks do add up but it depends how you look at it, i would be quite happy to snack my way round the world showcase instead of sitting down for a formal dinner. I like to try lots of different things.
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

:) Greetings from the Food & Wine Festival :D

No, the samples aren't free...they cost around $3.50/each for the food and anywhere from $2 - $8 for the beverages. It can add up rather quickly ;) Luckily, for us, the food is included on the dining plan as a snack credit.

I believe we used about 12 last night ;)

My favorite so far? The sushi in Japan, the quiche in France, and the chicken in South Africa...
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It can and does get quite expensive if you try to taste everything that is appealing! We've often gone back several times to get all our tastes in. :yes:

We've found (with the increase in prices and decrease in sample size) that is is less expensive (depending, of course on what you choose) to have a full service dinner! You'd miss the fun though, eh? :yes:

Do it for lunch (during the week are the slowest times) and have your dinner in a restaurant, or have a large breakfast and do the FWF for your dinner.

There are some free samples of wine and beer at the very few free wine/beer seminars, and you can have a free sample if you attend certain cooking demonstrations, but that's about it for free things.
  5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We *did* have fun :) it was quite a pleasant evening too, all things considered...

We'll be putting that suggestion to work this week, Tink...last night was CRAZY busy; though we *did* have a lot of fun (hope you had fun, too!!!!) so Jon and I are definitely looking forward to going back and spending an afternoon there...
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We normally get enough samples to count for lunch and dinner. :p015: We plan on 3 days at EPCOT, the last 3 days of F&W as well as Party for the Senses the night of the 8th.