1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fourteen Hours at Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Tink, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Your day sounded wonderful and I just can't wait until we can Zach for his first trip to Disney.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Siobhan! :lol: That's what I get for being impatient, eh? :lol:

It was a great day. I was a little worried that we were going to try and push too much into one day, but it didn't work out like that at all. I think bringing our own sandwiches and some drinks helped out. We could eat the minute we pleased, and it really did save loads of money.

We spent about $25 in water! :eek: And yes, it was that nasty Dasani, but our meal replacements need water, so we had no choice. We carried in some of our own, but it was not enough. Like I've said, more of our own next time, as we'll have our own stroller.

I do believe it's the longest I've ever spent at one uninterrupted time in Magic Kingdom!

I do have new photos of Seth, I just have to work out how to get them on the laptop and then here.

Thank you all for your kind comments. :hug2:

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

What a wonderful day!

It's pretty much the way we used to visit Disneyland--arrive before park opening and leave after closing. At least a 15-hour day in the park! :lol:

Next time, when you take your own stroller, if Seth protests, tell him he doesn't have to ride in it if he doesn't want to, but the stuff will ride in it so the adults don't have to carry it all day! :lol:

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh, he doesn't protest riding in it at all! It's just that it's one of those huge jogging strollers, so we foolishly thought we'd rather not deal with it.

Won't make that mistake again.

Oh! Meant to tell you that after we had rented the stroller, we plopped the packs we were carrying into it and headed to meet up with Seth and the others. The Main Street Players were out and the man pointed to us and said, "Look! They're walking their luggage!" :lol:

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Hope you told him it's better than carrying it! :lol:

EJ (Leu's DS) absolutely refused to have anything to do with a stroller when he turned 4. These days, he would be considered hyperactive, but then he was just considered to be "active." :rolleyes:

We usually tired him out so much at Disneyland that by 4:00 p.m. he would be ready for a nap (he usually didn't take naps--barely slept, for the most part), so we would take Shelly (age 3 or so) out of the stroller and let him sleep for as long as he could. One of us would hold her while she slept. Both would be ready to go again in about 30 minutes! :lol:

6. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

What a lovely TR Tink, if I'd spent that long on my feet for a day I wouldn't have any feet left, I'd have worn them down to the knees. How tactful are you??:lol::lol: