1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Free Wi-Fi at All-Star Resorts at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The free wi-fi roll out continues as it appears Disney has now begun to activate guest wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi) at the All-Star Resorts.

This is really good news for Guests, who up until now had to pay for wired internet access.

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

That's great, next stop the parks ...please :yes:

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: it would be nice, but I can't see that happening for a while.

4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I'm not sure about parks - I like to play and have fun but where there is internet , you get people burying their noses in their mobile devices and blessed facebook all the time

( I am a grumpy old man I know)

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

not for that reason, but for the apps that are out there, i think there is a lot more as well that Disney could do to enhance the experience for smart phone users.

6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

fair do's - would rather they had continued their Pal Mickey though :D

7. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

it's that kind of thing they need to do i think, i still have my Pal Mickey and loved the idea but i could never hear it. I don't think it took off in a big way because of this and the cost implications. People have spent a lot of money on the holiday and then it's $50 each. Not everyone is as nuts on Disney as us

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Pal Mickey was a great idea that upon execution was terrible. You had to lug that thing, and it couldn't get wet! Try that trick in the summer. :nono: Plus, as Brit says, it couldn't be heard. Also, it wasn't always in sequence. The one we tried kept telling us about things AFTER the fact. So it needed a lot of work... too bad Disney didn't work to improve it.

With regard to improving things in the park. Couldn't agree more. There are loads of ways Disney can enhance the park experience. For example, during the food and wine festival, you could scan a barcoded picture (I forget what they are exactly called) and download all sorts of info on the festival. The map, the location of the booths, etc. It was a great help!

They could use that technology to assist guests in many ways. :yes: Might potentially reduce costs as guests (some, not all of course) would be able to better find their way around without using CM time (that would be better spent returning to cleaning the park! What happened there, eh).

9. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I agree...I'd love to see it in the parks. I think the potential benefits available to the guests would outweigh the inevitable drawbacks. And let's face it, anyone who wants to be on Facebook 24/7 has it on their phone already...not pointing fingers in any direction but my own of course ;-)