1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

friends says pop century is rubbish?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by dvcjane, Jun 5, 2010.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Hi everyone :( I'm just in a sad place I Think but we booked a few nights onsite at pop century for a change not using points just cash. All I've heard all week from a friend at work is how you cant enjoy disney from pop century because its far out and no monorail and its busy and rubbish.

I know its not but someone confirm it for me :( it's fine isnt it?

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Pop century always looks brilliant to me - its still in disney and is disney themed so how can you be too far away from it all? I think you should go and enjoy yourselves, everyones opinion is different and you cant please everyone!
    Id love to stay there, i think it looks fab!

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I say take what your friend says with a pinch of salt and go and enjoy your stay. I'd love to have the opportunity to stay there. The monorail doesn't go to all of the resorts but there is other transport.

Go....have fun, just like the millions of other guests who have enjoyed staying there in the past.:yes:

4. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

pop century was great i stayed for a week last year and stopping for two weeks next year

there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and you WILL have a great time

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

See!!!! Told ya :D

6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Everyone I have heard love it :yes: I even know a few people who refuse to pay for the moderate/deluxe resorts because they enjoy the theming of the value resorts too much :yes:

7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Rubbish! :nono:

We've stayed there before and been perfectly satisfied! :yes:

No, the monorail doesn't got there. But it doesn't go to Port Orleans, or Boardwalk, or Yacht Club or Beach Club, or Carribean Beach, or.... well, you get the idea.

And yes, it's quite a way out. Or so it seemed. But it's got the same Disney busses as all the other resorts. We never had any transportation issues there at all.

It's nicely themed! See some of my photos here.

And the food court is quite good.

So, pay no attention to the nay sayers. Go to Pop Century and have the time of your life! :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... pay no attention to the man behind the green curtain!)

8. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

YOu'll love it we've stayed at the Wilderness Londge and POrt Orleans and we'd happily go back to Pop its fun and great :yes:

9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Someone has the severe case of the jealousy's, have no fear you will love it.

10. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: We've stayed 4 or 5 times and my DS loves it. We don't have a problem with the busses, they come and go frequently. We've stayed at Easter a number of times and even when the line was crazy, they would send 2-3 busses at a time. They have a nice gift shop and the food court is more than adequate. We will stay there again I'm sure. :yes:

11. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I've only ever stayed at Pop - it's lovely.

One day I will splash out for a moderate - but there is nothing wrong with Pop.

The buses are fine, the theming is fun, the food choices at the court are great, and the rooms are clean and not too small.

In some ways the theming makes it more Disney than the moderates or deluxes in my opinion! :yes:

12. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

Ann says.....
    We stayed there 5 weeks ago. It is what it is a value resort. The rooms are very clean and tidy there are no frills. There are 2 pools we used both of them and they were fine the one near the main entrance was a lot busier. The food area seemed adequate we didn't use as it was very noisy with lots of kids but there entitled to a holiday too. I'm going to come across as a right snob but I wasn't that keen I missed my extras.

David says.....
    I thought the rooms were better than I might have hoped for considering the level, though maybe US standards are generally better. As said above public areas are ok, and I'm a bit fussy, the food court in my opinion, was better looking than the same in port Orleans French quarter (didn't eat in either though!). There are a lot of rooms, a lot of people, as it's budget, you will get a lot of folks that are drawn to that price level (not being snobby lol). It's also a little big and confusing getting around to start with, it's not that far out though, buses and self driving no issue (it's no different to port orleans for example) even if there is no monorail/boats etc - overall it's not that bad :)

13. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I love Pop Century been there three times and loved it.

You will not regret your decision! Pop never felt far from anywhere and never once thought 'I wish Pop was near'

14. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

same here

another factor in us staying there is if me and kids fancy doing something and craig doesnt then we can just jump on the bus and he can meet up with us later

i because ive stayed there before i'll not what im doing :yes:

15. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

16. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Pop Century is NOT BAD! For a value resort, it's one of the better. My rooms have always been clean. The property is also nicely maintained. No trash around. No problems with transportation.

Good rooms for the value.

17. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

well just from watching that video i can tell you it's a darned sight better than some of the places i've stayed at! it's looks absolutely fine :hug2:

18. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We've stayed at Pop Century and had no problems or concerns what so ever. It's a perfectly nice, clean and very Disney themed resort! :yes:

You'll have a wonderful time. Set aside the worries and prepare to enjoy yourself! :yes:

19. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Do not listen to your friend! Now I am not a fan of Pop Century but that is not because it isnt a good hotel, isnt clean or fun. It is all of those! I had other issues with the hotel and am definitely in a minority in not being too keen on it.
    The monorail only runs between the deluxe hotels in any case. All the rest are served by buses just as Pop is. Pop is in a great position between the parks and other resorts and is never more than 10 - 20 mins away from any one park. The buses are frequent and the food court is excellent. Listen to all the people here who have stayed there, know WDW inside out and have been there multiple times. You will have a ball!

Margaret