1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

frightened of air travel

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disney1sttimer, Jul 26, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

I know that disneyworld is at the end of the flight but am terrified of the actual flight :(

Does anyone know if the doctor can help with this? tablets or something or even should I try a hypnotherapist before we go

friends have said just take a sleeping tablet but I read that if the airline thinks youve done this they wont let you fly in case theres an emergency and youre too sleepy to get out :rolleyes008:

2. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

Xanax..... :wink:

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

If you have time before your trip, you might want to check with your local airport to see if they have a program available to help you. A commercial airline pilot founded a company here that takes people through preparation through the actual flight. And graduation includes a real flight!

The idea is if you understand the process, you will be less afraid.

Beyond that, your doctor might be able to prescribe something to help you relax, but not actually sleep. Not sure what that might be, but it's worth asking!

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Do see your doctor. Depending on the severity of your anxiety, any health conditions you may already have, your general health, ect. there are a number of options for the two of you to discuss. :yes: :hug1: