1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fuji announce first 3d Camera (no 3d glasses needed)

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by eeyoreguy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

FinePix REAL 3D W1 | Fujifilm Global

Fujifilm has launched a new compact digital camera which is capable of capturing 3D images and video. The camera, named the Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1, is Fujifilm's first camera to be able to do this, and does it through the use of two lenses and two 10MP CCDs. The camera will be launched in the UK in September, according to a statement from Fuji.

The camera is held securely inside an aluminium die-cast frame, and has a 2.8 inch 3D LCD screen at the back of it, capable of displaying the 3D images and video clips
    that are captured by the camera. The 3D image capture works by capturing images from both lenses and then merging them into a single image, through the use of Fujifilm's "Real Photo Processor 3D".

The camera allows the two lenses to work independently, meaning that a picture of the same scene could be taken by both lenses, but with different photographic settings for each one. In addition, the user can take a picture of an object from one position, and then take a picture of it from another position, and the camera will merge the two, giving a better sense of depth in images captured.

In 2D shooting mode, the user can take advantage of the 3x optical zoom offered by each lens, taking a wide-angle shot with one lens, and a close-up with the other.

Images and videos made in 3D will require a frame capable of displaying them in 3D, and Fujifilm have released a product for just that: the Fujifilm Real 3D V1 picture viewer. Images captured on the camera can be wirelessly transferred to the frame by infrared, although only SD/SDHC memory can be used for the transfer of 3D movies.

Prices are unavailable for the products so far, but there should be an update in the coming weeks, as the products are due for release in the UK in September.

Attached Files:

2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

wow! sounds cool! :thumbsup:

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I dont even understand what it does hahaha...

Harry Potter type pics???

4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Wow! I think I'm going to give this one some time to work the kinks out :unsure:

5. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

lol I don't get it.:unsure::embarassed:

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well yah know like the 3D movies where you wear those red/blue glasses? This should allow you to take a photo and when it's displayed on its special little 3d picture frame, the photo should look like you'd see in those movies but without you even having to wear the glasses!

Now, how well it works who knows :) but its interesting!

7. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I'm with you on this....wait for the second and third generations to come out.

8. MollyW

MollyW Earning my ears

Very cool! I've been playing around with an app called 3D Camera on my iPhone and having a lot of fun with the kids. The problem is that it requires two back-to-back photos, so it doesn't work as well when they're moving around. This camera looks like it'll solve that issue. Very exciting! Thanks for sharing.