1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fun Spot Action Park Undergoing a $40-million Expansion

Discussion in 'Other Parks and Attractions News & Rumours' started by Wendy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Fun Spot Action Park is undergoing a $40-million expansion to triple its size. Over the next two years they’ll be adding two new roller coasters, a water park, a sky coaster and much more. The first phase will open next spring when the park will be renamed and re-themed Fun Spot America.

The first phase (opening spring 2013) will include a brand new wooden roller coaster called White Lightning from Great Coasters International, a brand new steel suspension coaster by Vekoma, a 250-foot SkyCoaster purchased from Las Vegas that resembles the St. Louis arch, an expanded multi-level go-kart track, a double carousel relocated from Cypress Gardens (now open), and new family and thrill rides.

The second phase (open by 2015) will consist of a water park with four slide complexes and a new building housing an expanded arcade, a food court, more birthday rooms and a dinner show.

The water park will have four slide complexes: a SplashRally figure eight racing slide, a Double BowlsEye with two tubes that feed into a single bowl, a 360Rush with vertical drop capsules and a TwistedRacers mat racing slide. A lazy river with a spin-out lagoon, in-water seating areas and racing lanes are planned to surround a water playground.

By the end of the expansion, the park will triple its size going from five acres to 15 acres.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Isn't that the dinky little place down on I-Drive? Who'd have thought a place that little would have enough traffic to expand!

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Im not sure if im thinking of the right place, but is it the one on ID with the go-karts that you can see if youre walking down it? :unsure:

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Well I've never heard of it. :rotfl:

5. Wendy

I'd never heard of it either Dawn :lol:

It is off International Drive near the Ferris Wheel and the go karts are there Kate. I can't see how they can compete with the other parks, but I guess there must be some call for it as International Drive is a very busy area.

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

There's a ferris wheel on I Drive!!!??? :jawdrop:

Show's how long it's been since I drove down that gaudy tourist trap. :lol:

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

That's the place. We were there about a year ago but just did the GoKart section. The rides were basically for youngsters.

8. Wendy

So the information says, I never go down there, I don't like it, we just drive through with the doors locked on the way to somewhere else :lol: