1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Funny Disney stories

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs and Games' started by robertcraig, Mar 15, 2014.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Have you any funny things that happened to you at Disney
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The first thing I thought of was something that happened years ago. We had a 12 year old with us and were in a country of the World Showcase. This small group of people, talking amongst themselves walked by. The 12 year old turned to us and asked, "What language was that?!" Stunned, we took a moment to recover before we answered,"ENGLISH!" We were in the UK! :lol:
  3. robertcraig

At Epcot a few years ago my wife who was in a wheelchair while I was going on the rides decided she wanted popcorn from the carts wheeled it over and the let her go first and after she got her popcorn thought how do I get it back so she put the popcorn on the wheelchair and pushed it back to where she had been sitting and you can imagine the look on the other people's faces
  4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Harambe

And of course Dawns gairy :lol:
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

OMG! :lol: When I saw this thread I wondered if you would tell the Harambe story! :D :D
  6. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Although it was at Hoop Dee Doo, I loved the night we took my brother David there for dinner. When they were choosing the participants for the big finale, one of the ladies came to our table and asked David to participate. He declined, but I said "Oh, come on David". Pretty soon everyone around us was chanting "Oh, come David!" So with a threat to kill me later, he got up and went with her to loud applause. When he came out as the "angel" -complete with tutu and halo - it was hilarious!!! I still smile when I think of that evening...
  7. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I was wearing 'just married' badge and one of older CM came up to me and said congratulations! and he asked me where's wife?.......

I pointed him to Stephen and his face was a picture! :wiggle:
  8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Brilliant stories :lol:
  9. robertcraig

This is not a Disney but when I was at they Ponderosa across from the Old Town my wife told me she saw a woman getting a salad from the buffet when she put custard on her salad thinking it was salad dressing
    Deafjeff likes this.
  10. Deafjeff

We visit City Hall at the MK to collect our halloween ticket. A Japanese CM pointed at me and Stephen and gestured firework which is like a fist closed and open upward. I thought she was asking if we wanted to know where the best place to view the fireworks.

We nodded and looked at the map and she repeated this about three times. We kept saying yes... yes..... yes....

In the end she wrote one word on a paper 'Congratulations' as she spotted that we had a 'just married badge' and the gesture she was using was actually congratulation in Japanese Sign Language!
    Watchinherskip likes this.
  11. Deafjeff

Stephen and I was at House of Blues and he order a pizza for a starter and steak for mains. The waiter kept asking are you sure? Stephen replied saying of course! Waiter explained that he will deliver the pizza and see how he feel afterward. Stephen was puzzled and said it fine I will have both.

Waiter explained that he will deliver the pizza and will go from there.....

When it arrived..... my goodness me it was huge! Stephen ate the whole thing and the waiter came to over expecting to be told 'boy you were right' etc....

Nope Stephen being stubborn and said 'I'll have my steak now!' and he was so full and felt bit sick afterward....

Did I give him any sympathy....... :Pffff:
  12. robertcraig

I think we have all done that especially at a buffet eaten too much and felt I'll afterwards
  13. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Oh I forgot. .. The first time John and I went to WDW it was in March and it was chilly and rainy. I was wearing a long sleeved top with a hood. I had a waist pack on, with the pouch in front, and since my camera was in it I kept it under my top to keep it dry.

We were waiting to get into the Tiki Room, standing in the front row. I had my arms resting on top of the waist pack and I must have looked like I was expecting because the CM asked me when I was due. I pulled my top up high enough to expose my waist pack and said with a laugh "any time now"!!! She turned beet red, apologized, and walked away.
  14. robertcraig

Another time while st ponderosa my wife thought somebody was committing suicide when we were at the Ponderosa across from old town and it was only a bungee jump
  15. Deafjeff

Thank goodness!
  16. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Great stories guys! When Alex was 10 we went in January. It was really sunny the whole trip but really cold with a strong North wind. We spent a great day at MK and went back to the Poly for the evening. Alex being kind of strong willed wanted, nay demanded to go to the pool that evening. We tried to talk her down and warned her that it would be crazy cold, but she demanded. DW Sally wanted to stay in the room and warm up so I took her. She made her mind up earlier after feeling the steaming 80 degree water in the pool. She jumped right in and had a ball while I did jumping jacks to warm up. After about 40 minutes of play in the water and being totally thrilled with the pool she had to get out. You should have seen the look on her face when that cold night wind hit her. Needles to say it often comes up when she doesn't want to listen to her wise and sage parents. Think I have a picture of a really really unhappy girl running back to the room somewhere at home.