1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

gated villa community or not?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Tom Morrow, May 22, 2011.

1. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice villa for next summer and some say theyre in a gated community which is sometimes more expensive. Im wondering how important that would really be?
  2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

They are no more expensive than non gated - a owners overheads are what sets the price for the home not whether it's a gated community or not.

Some people like them as it makes them feel more secure but others don't mind non gated at all - horses for courses :yes:

Sandra
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I would be cautious of the word gated. When I moved to FL I signed up to live in a gated apartment complex. In my mind gated means that a gate or fence surrounds the property and to arrive on the property you must go through a gate. I was shocked to find out that gated just meant that to drive on the property you had to go through a gate. That's the only gate/fence on the property. :thumbsdown:
  4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Gosh, that's a bit dodgy - ours is actually gated and you have to enter a access code to open the gates and each owner has their own unique code so when guests use the code it is easily traced to the owner

Sandra
  5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

It wasn't just my apartment in Tampa, there were a lot of apartments that advertised as gated but were just as I described. We had the code at the gate too, but it was just a gate. If you wanted to get on the property you could just step out of your vehicle and walk around the gate. :lol: Didn't make sense to me.