1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Gay Day, with a side of SWW at WDW

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Tink, Jun 1, 2013.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

how are you posting Tink? from a cell phone using tapatalk or a web browser or?

2. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I feel like a goober for having to ask this, but where is it you're staying? I don't recognize the abbreviation! lol!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

3. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Also, what parade do they have at DHS right now? I was looking on their official site and thought it was odd that it was the only park without one mentioned! I thought perhaps they were between parades...

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Keith, I was posting using an iPad mini from the WDW wifi in MK when I could get a connection. It was very spotty and usually I could not get one.

I am at Old Key West. The parade at DHS had to do with SWW. :yes:

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It sounds like you had a great time at MK and you are enjoying it at OKW. I'm glad I wasn't there with the boys at SWW I would have said something and then stood in front of her with my little man sat on my shoulders. What is the matter with some people they are just so rude :sigh:

Chris is asking what strap Herself is using for her camera and does she carry it around her neck? He used to have the same problem but he bought a different type of strap and now he finds it much easier.

6. Tink

She has a camera bag that holds the camera and the lenses. I've tried to suggest we get a second bag and use it for the lenses to lighten up the one she is using, but that suggestion hasn't met with a lot of enthusiasm.

The boy's Da said the woman was really horrible. She tried shoving him out of the way too. He told her that if she didn't leave (there was a family sitting on the curb right in front of him, that she was nearly stepping on too) he was going to call security to come and intervene. He finally had to raise his voice to her and say, "NO! LEAVE NOW," before she would. He doesn't stay around much for parades so this was kind of new to him. We see it all the time though, as a matter of fact every time we stay for a parade someone tries to shove ahead, or (more often) some little kid is trying so hard to see around your legs because the parents just "walked in" and expected to be able to have a decent spot. Of course you give the little kid room in front of you to watch, then the parent says, "Oh I have to be with my child" and there goes your spot. :sigh:

The boy never did end up wearing his costume. It was simply too hot (and as he said, itchy!) for it yesterday. He'll keep it for Halloween, and use it then.

Not sure exactly what we are doing today, but relaxing comes into the picture for sure.

Hey! They are mowing the lawn! (Kind of early for that, don't you think)? :eek:

7. Tink

After our dinner in our villa, we went to the Top of the World lounge in the Contemporary to watch the fireworks, have a drink and visit with our friend who is also the bartender. However, it was the first time in a long, long time that we had a problem with OKW transport. We waited over 30 minutes for the MK bus while bus after bus for the other parks came and went.

We did make it to the lounge before the fireworks, but we had wanted to get there, relax, visit a bit... so on. It was extremely hot out still so I stayed indoors with the boy's Da while Herself and the boy went out on the viewing deck to watch the show. I was perfectly content with my view, and having the sound piped in.

We visited a bit with our friend, and then were home by about midnight. Total cost for drinks (five with alcohol and one Mickey Cocktail) was $60.

This morning is hot, and sunny so we are heading to EPCOT. We expect a pretty decent storm this afternoon so will return then and do whatever it is one does at OKW when the rain comes in. Probably involve DVDs and drinks. :D

I'm not going to try to get photos and post "live" today. It didn't go well yesterday so I'll just catch up with you when we get back to the villa.

Take care now, and see you all real soon! :D

8. keith

STILL not been in there :( one reason to buy a dvc I suppose :/

argh horrible that. Hope the rest of the day goes better :)

9. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hope you are having a fun day drinking, umm I mean walking around the world :wink:

10. Tink

You know? It is SO hot we didn't dare have an alcoholic drink. We left the park about 3 or so because it was just too hot. We walked around the world showcase. The boy did Phineas and Ferb (we all agreed, Kim Possible was better) at Norway. We rode the Maelstrom, and then strolled through the countries. We actually did the American show for the first time in years and years. The Voices of Liberty were singing indoors and that was nice to listen too. I'd forgotten how much the American show rubbed me the wrong way, for the most part.

We did the Mexico ride, too and then simply gave up...

We are in the villa now having a late lunch or early dinner, however you want to look at it. We may go back later when the heat eases, but who knows? It's all about relaxation and doing what comes our way.

Maybe we'll rent a boat!

Keith, we know the secret entry to Top of the World, so if you ever want to go... :D :D :D

11. keith

ooo thanks Tink! :D

12. Tink

Had a lovely meal of cheeseburgers, macaroni salad, watermelon, beets, and drinks. A pumpkin beer tasting is underway, but I'm not liking much of them. :sorry:

We are all just relaxing right now. Kind of a boring trip reporter, aren't I? :lol: That's the beauty and the drawback of being so close. You feel no pressure to do anything other than just exactly what you want to do...

13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

All in all, it actually sounds quite nice - I do hope the heat eases a bit, though - it can positively wear you out, can't it?

14. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Thanks for the many updates. I have enjoyed them a lot. It was no problem turning the laptop around to see the photos. Great photos BTW. I especially want one of the bags! Where did you eat this evening Tink?

Mags

15. Tink

We had an oddly timed meal in our villa. The boy and his Da are at the main pool right now. Herself took him over a bit ago but they had to come back as they closed the pool due to the weather. The predicted storm never arrived, so they opened it back up.

I'm off to have a jacuzzi relaxation session. :D

Mags, we've brought our own food this time and are eating all meals in our villa. We've had a snack or two, like a soft pretzel and a container of popcorn in the parks but that's it.

16. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

OK, I take it that the Top of The World Lounge is not the same as the lounge in the CG, which I don't believe has reopened yet. Is this the one in BLT? Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.

17. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Sound slike a super relaxing trip! :)

Sometimes thats just what is needed :)

18. Tink

It was very relaxing, Mari. We did what we wanted, when we wanted for as long as we wanted and didn't stress over where to eat, what to eat or when to eat! :lol:

John, Top of the World is Bay Lake Towers and only open to DVC members.