1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Gaylord Palms restaurants?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by iluvdisney, Jul 12, 2011.

1. iluvdisney

iluvdisney Imagineer

Im wondering how good the restaurants at the gaylord palms hotel are? The steakhouse seems to get good reviews

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I think Slowhand and his DW have eaten there. Perhaps he will be along shortly.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep I know Slowhand has eaten there and I believe he liked it. Hopefully he'll be along shortly

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've been :)

The first time we went was with Slowhand and his wife, we were going to the Steakhouse but as we didn't have a reservation we were unable to eat there. We went to the Villa de Flora instead and had a delicious buffet style meal. I think it was the Spanish night when we went :unsure:

We enjoyed it so much we have been back a few times since.

Slowhand has been to the Old Hickory Steakhouse and he said it was excellent, the steak was very tender. It's on our list for this year :D

It's definitely worth a visit :yes:

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Yep the Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Palms is a really nice restaurant and the food is excellent. It is a tad pricy but for a great relaxing dinner in attractive surroundings it takes some beating,
    The other restaurant we have tried at Gaylord Palms is the Villa de Flora. This is an excellent buffet style restaurant where you have a server in attendance who provides new cutlery at your table inbetweeen courses. Again the food is excellent and is highly recommended.

Actually it`s well worth visiting the resort even if you don`t dine there as it is amazing just to walk around the atrium c/w its live alligators and lake....yes, there is even a boat in the lake which is actually a bar!

6. partygirl

partygirl Earning my ears

Whats the best restaurant you've been to in Orlando Slowhand? you seem to really know your stuff

7. Slowhand

Thanks for those kind words. I dunno about "knowing my stuff", but I do enjoy eating out. :lol:

If price were no option then my all time favourite restaurant has to be V & A`s at the GF.
    My second favourite [although not in Orlando] would be Bern`s Steakhouse in Tampa.
    It`s hard to choose a distinct favourite in Orlando, although our on-site favourites are the YSH, Blue Zoo, Artist Point and Citrico`s.
    Outside WDW, then we enjoy [in no particular order] the Columbia at Celebration, Ruth`s Chris Steakhouse, Charley`s and the aforementioned Hickory Steakhouse.

At the lower end [cost wise], we enjoy several places along US192 including Longhorn, Olive Garden and Carraba`s to name a few.

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

he DEFINITELY knows his stuff :yes:

I've managed to get a reservation for Christmas Day dinner :wiggle: I LOVE V&A

really really want to try that one

Going to have to go back to YSH and try and convince them to do me some bourbon sauce :lol:

9. Slowhand

That`s fantastic Keith, I`m sure it will be one heck of an experience.

Well now that you have become a seasoned road use "over there" you MUST give it a try.:thumbsup:

That MAY be able to be arranged .:wink: