1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Geocaching TB advice

Discussion in 'Geo-caching' started by lozzy, May 26, 2009.

1. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I found a TB (TB2JMRB) on saturday which I logged and I have replaced it in another cache and logged that. Is this the right thing to do? I was reading on the geocaching forums about people not doing the right thing when in comes to TB and as I am new to this I don't want to do anything wrong.

We also have a TB hotel in our area, is it ok just to go there and take a TB or do I have to put one in as well.

Hope I have made sense.

2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

thats the idea to move the bug from one cache to another............. travel bug hotels are usually placed near a busy road or form of transport e.g airport so they get moving quickly usually the airport ones need to go abroad but not always and it is ok to go and collect them as long as you move them along :)

3. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

Oh thats ok then, I have just seen that one of the TB at the Travel bug hotel wants to travel to as many caches as poss and maybe return to it home in Florida. wish I was going soon then I cold take it with us.

4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

It'll get there - ours didn't move for 6 months from one cache and within 4 days it had visited 3 and was in Norway!

5. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i had a coin that vanished for 2 years and just appeared in a cache

6. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I have read that a lot of coins and TB go missing, it's a shame that people get into geocaching but don't follow what it about.