1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Get to know you post?

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by disneymom, Aug 26, 2012.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Should we all start a get to know you post again?

It's nice to read a bit about everyone and find out who we're talking to :wave: what do you think?
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well I'm Keith with the imaginative username of... Keith :D

I started the site along with some friends a few years ago and am glad to welcome you all whether new faces or old :)

Been to Disney far too many times to count and was married in the wedding pavilion in December 2002 :D

When not Disneying, I'm a total computer and photography nut :yes:

Favourite Disney resort... Wilderness lodge for relaxation, contemporary for location
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm Tink. :yes:

I live about 20 minutes north of WDW. We are DVC members and yep, we come to WDW and love staying onsite.

Our favorite park is EPCOT, followed very closely by AK.

We too have been to WDW far more times than we can count.

Our favorite resort? Well, OKW for our home resort, but we love Kidani Village too. Beach Club for non-DVC (yes, there is a DVC there, but for the resort hotel proper, we love the Beach Club).

We originally came to Florida to the south west coast and used to live in Ft. Myers. We moved to the Central Florida area in 2001.
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

My name is Terry and my username is in honour of a certain Mr Clapton who is my number one guitar hero.

We`ve been to WDW on a regular basis since 1985 and we have been DVC members since 1992, shortly after its beginning, so my home resort is OKW.
    Having taken an early retirement a few years ago, we bought a villa in the Orlando area which [in theory] allows us to visit WDW as often as funds will allow.
    My job involved a load of overseas travel, but my favourite place of all is Florida. [No surprises there then! :lol:]

Despite owning a villa, we tend to stay for a few days at the GF every time we visit as this is our favourite resort and we have stayed there oodles of times, hence we know many of the CM`s there which makes it feel like home from home.

We`ve just completed our 10th DCL Cruise and intend to go on loads more in the future.

Away from WDW and here, I have recently started a wedding car business, more as a hobby than a financial necessity, so I have built a 1930`s lookalike kit car for this enterprise over the last year or so, and I am now part way through building another similar car.
    I never worked this hard when I was working for real!
  5. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I'm Sandra, I work for a Vicar doing her admin and also lots of things for our Preschool. I'm married to Jai and we have 3 boys, 20, 18 and 13

We have our 25th Wedding Anniversary coming up this year.

We have never stayed on site, even before we bought our villa we rented villas, we like our space and freedom. Each to their own of course :yes:

We try to get to Florida twice a year so we can check on our home. We are off to Sanibel tomorrow and are looking forward to a few beach days.

Sandra
  6. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hi I'm sue and my husband and I have recently become new parents to how gorgeous boy Zac. Up until Hong Kong Disney opened I had been to all the Disney parks/resorts (WDW, Disneyland, eurodisney, and Tokyo Disneyland). We have been to Disneyland Paris a few times and WDW a few times too.
    Love going to WDW and having our holidays in USA. Looking forward to finally getting back to Florida October 2013 :yes:
    We have stayed on site once and that was are the animal kingdom lodge and we loved it there and will definitely take Zac there one day :)
    I love being part of this forum as it gives me the chance to talk to people about Disney world :yes:

:wiggle:
  7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Im Mari, from Mexico City.

Married for 8 years to Toño, and we have two beautiful (Im biased) daughters. Tatiana is 4 and Natalia is 2.
    We have 3 dogs, Oso, Bailey and Luca.

What can I say? Im so happy I married someone who loves Disney as much as I do... we have been there 4 times, including our honeymoon, and 2 times since we had kids. Living in a place where dollars are very expensive, Disney trips for us require lots of saving, and planning, and making decisions on what not to buy to be able to afford going, but we still have managed to go, and will hopefully keep going frequently.... its where we hav emade some of the best family memories!

I love to plan for Disney vacations, whereas Toño can simply wake up and ask which park we are doing that day, I guess thats good since I get to decide and choose what I like best hahahahahaha
  8. tinkmidas

tinkmidas Earning my ears

Hi, my name is Robin my user name is tinkmidas after our 2 dogs. I am an RN in a Cardiology practice. I am married(22 yrs) and have one daughter 16yr old(omg). We love to go to Disney but we live and work in PA so we try to go every few years. Our favorite resort is GF and our favorite park is MK. I love to take pictures and scrapbook. We have a trip planned in Nov this year and we are soooo excited. :wave:
  9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I'm John, I live in Woodbridge, Virginia. My DW and I both work for our favorite uncle (Sam).

We have 3 children, 10 grand children and 1 great-grand child. We try to get down to WDW at least once per year and will be heading down in October. We went to the fatherland for the 50th Anniversary in 2005. My job has enabled me to travel all over the world, though no major travel of late. We did get to England in 2007 where we had some wonderful hosts and hostesses to show us around. We've been on one DCL Cruise, bur are looking forward to another.
  10. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

:wave: I'm Lisa - another imaginative user name like Keith :hug2:

WDW is my passion, it was the first holiday hubby and I shared and we got married at the Pavillion December 2004.

Favourite park has to be the Magic Kingdom, the castle always takes my breath away, doesn't matter how many times I see it. I LOVE Wishes too, always makes me emotional.

We currently have a small DVC contract, which is fantastic for us.

I have a successful photography and cupcake business (the photography business pays for our Disney fix every year :yes:)

I live in a town in Bedfordshire, England called Sandy with my hubby, our puppy dog Talulah and my kitty cat Ruby. We've decided that we need to share our Disney passion with a little one, so have recently started trying for a baby too :)
  11. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hello. My name is Tom and I'm a Disaholic. :shocked:

Oh wait. Wrong group. Oh well, it'll do.

Anyway, my user name is a tribute to that old 80's TV sitcom "ALF". Bestowed on me by a good friend I worked with at the time. He went by the handle "Orbit Guard". Also, courtesy of ALF and the planet Melmac.

I have been a Disaholic since I was a wee child and watched the original Mickey Mouse club on tv. My DW and I first started visiting the World regularly about 1995. Since that time, we've probably made 10 or 11 trips.
    Additionally, we've become tremendous fans of the Disney Cruise Line. So far, we've completed 4 cruises and are anxious to go again. :sail:

I work as a technonerd for a large, nameless, financial organization. That's my day job anyway. For the remainder of my time, I'm a Apple Mac fanboy and am working on some iPhone applications in my spare time.
    Also, doing some web development for my son-in-laws business. :geekon:

And now you know... the rest of the story. Good day.

Tom :)macwave:... with apologies to Paul Harvey.)
  12. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Let's see....

My name is Bille and I recently graduated with my doctorate in psychology. I now have a few more letters behind my name, and have also gained more debt than I can think of without hyperventilating.

I have always loved theme parks. Growing up I visited Kings Dominion, as well as Seaworld(s), and the parks out in CA (Disney and Universal). Being a horror fan I'll never forget seeing the Psycho house in Universal.

My first trip to FL was several years ago, and it was to Universal only (basically it was a weekend trip). After that I saved to go to the theme park of all theme parks: WDW. Since that first trip to WDW I crave it....yep, I'm an addict.

Of course, I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention my heart and world (who is currently sleeping on my lap): Arthur. Arthur, my Maltipoo, will be 6 this year in December.
  13. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

My name is Clint. I grew up in Chicago and have now been residing in Fort Myers, Florida the past six years. I have been married to my beautiful wife Stefanie for almost 18 years. I have worked for one of the nation's largest homebuilders as a staff accountant the past 15 years. I love to cook, travel and enjoy fantasy sports (baseball & football). We have a Zuchon named Cubbie and a tuxedo cat named Payton...both are rescues.

My parents instilled a love for Disney in me and my sister at an early age. I still remember my Winnie the Pooh record player (I wish I still had that) and the many, many Disney albums I would listen to for hours on end. Our first trip to Disney World was back in 1979 when I was eight and I've been hooked on WDW ever since. After that trip in '79 my parents tried to make reservations for the EPCOT grand opening in 1982 but were not able to get in so we went in 1983 and were there for the opening of Horizons. We would go on to go to WDW every other year ('85, '87, '89, '91 and '93) and make the reservations on the day we left so that we knew we were going to be returning. We never stayed anywhere other than the Polynesian. We would also drive every time. Those 1,100 miles felt like forever when you're a kid but we all had a great time. These family trips were my best and favorite memories growing up. Now that my Dad is gone it's still difficult sometimes for me when we go but then all the great memories rush back to me and I then feel better knowing he would be happy that we are still able to enjoy the parks the same way we all enjoyed the parks all those years ago.

I was lucky enough to marry someone who also loves Disney. While growing up she had only been there one other time but once I took her there she loved it as much as I do. We honeymooned there and stayed at OKW. At that time I think it was stilled known as The Vacation Club Resort.

As you can see in my signature we have been to WDW many more times and have been on 3 DCL cruises. We have never been to any other Disney park but would like someday to visit Disneyland and DisneySeas in Japan.

People think we're nuts sometimes. Going to Disney so much, especially since we don't have kids. I try to tell them it's not all about the kids but about feeling like a kid again. They just look at us with a dumbfounded look. I guess they just don't get it and unfortunately for them, they probably never will.
  14. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I'm Vikki.....I have a genius user name don't I? ;)
    Anyway, I live in the middle of Lincolnshire with my husband of 11 years and my 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter.
    I do tend to lurk around here but have decided to come out and play a bit more :D
    We've been to Disney 5 times, the first of which was our honeymoon in September 2001. Our very first day in the MK was September 11th....a day we'll never forget.
    We're going back again next year to POFQ :)
  15. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Vikki! I didn't know you had a little girl, too? How nice!!! (Ahem. Time for photos, Miss). :yes: :D
  16. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I know!!! I was going to write the same thing!!
  17. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Ok it is my turn I guess :)

I am Shelly (another member of the special name club!). The amc are my initials, but also happen to be Dh's initials as well. I have also been called Shellymac 1,000 times, but nobody really knows why they call me that :lol:

I live way over here in Upstate NY and no, I can't see the city from here :lol: We are about 4 hours away on a good day. I have been a stay at home Mom every since my first child was born and it is the hardest thing I have ever done. There are days I would give anything to be able to leave the house and work, but the other 95% of the time I am so blessed and happy that I am able to stay home. My husband Drew and I have been married for 12 years (wow!) this October. My babies are Katelyn Rose (5-almost 6), Marc Nicholas-3, and the newest member Anthony Joseph - 4 months!

Dh and I had won a trip to Hawaii for our honeymoon, but he knew that I had my heart set on Disney World and so that is where we went :) I think that was the last concession he made..ha! That trip was our most magical and our last trip in October 2011 was a close second. We got to take my kids for the first time, my parents who had not been since their honeymoon 36 years ago, and we found out I was pregnant a few weeks before we left! There have been a few other trips in between and we are planning our next adventure for November 2013.

I think that just about covers it :)
  18. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi I'm Deafjeff (Jeff) from Caerphilly, South Wales. Married to Clarkkent (Stephen) and we both are Disney fans!

We managed to go to WDW every two years by chance. Largely thanks to our travel agent who manage to keep our costs down :wiggle:

We are going to WDW next week. There's a story behind this trip.......

I work for UK first ever Deaf Law Centre and I have just been promoted from Ambassador to Law Centre Manager.

Stephen just qualified as British Sign Language/English Interpreter so he is working as freelancer.

By the way this is a fab thread!
  19. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Well I guess I'm another one of the special name club :lol:

I'm Wendy and it was always a dream of mine to go to Walt Disney World one day. I was lucky enough to marry a wonderful man who made it possible for my dream to come true. We went for a belated honeymoon in 1991 and it was everything I dreamed it would be. We have now been married 24 years and next year we plan to celebrate our 25th anniversary at WDW.

My DH is a convert to Disney :lol: but after 5 trips he is happy to go back year after year although we are spending less time at the parks and more time seeing other parts at the moment.

We have been to WDW, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris but my heart belongs to WDW :D

I have met some of my closest friends through this and another forum and some have become part of my family.

We are lucky enough to be able to go every year now and tend to stay off site in a house as it is more comfortable for me and we love the convenience of being able to eat in if we want to.

I am lucky enough not to work - I'm a kept woman :lol: Although I do help out here as much as I can.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  20. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Here you go Mari and Tink....any excuse to show pics of my baby, although she's 18 months now!

uploadfromtaptalk1346254764715.jpg

No idea why it's the wrong day round.....