1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

getting the magic back pre trip report !!!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by tb2830, Apr 15, 2010.

1. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

Getting the magic back pre trip report
    Part one (back story)
    Well as you all know me and craig had some difficults times last year and our week long holiday to florida was a disaster. I lost the magic and didn’t think i would ever return. Well me and craig got back together last October and i can honestly say we are both really putting a effort in to make things work. Things are going so well infact that we ended up booking a trip to the mouse for april 2011 and my best friend from school and her family are coming to. So countdown clock sorted let the planning commence.
    Even thou we are all stopping at the same hotel ive made sure that there is a couple of days where were all doing different things. Plus we wont stay at the parks all day where as they will we’ll go onto shopping etc. Didn’t want to be in each others pockets plus wanted to make new memories with craig and the kids. One difference to this trip is we will have no Chelsea with us, she has decided she would rather go somewhere with her friends, which is fair enough but i would’ve liked her to come but hey ho !!!!!

Part two (the details)
    Me craig and the kids are stopping at the raddisson sas at Manchester the night before as i would rather be at the airport the night before as i panick about everything, what if the car breaks down, what if we get stuck in traffic etc etc and my friend and family are driving up the following morning.
    Because we booked with a travel agent we’ll get them to book our seats at 336 days out then my friend will book her’s direct with virgin. Im not overly bothered if were sat with them on the plane as i tend to plug my earphones in for the whole flight
    Were flying with virgin on 3rd april and stopping at the hawthorne suites for two weeks of fun in the sun.we each have our own cars with platinum insurance so were not tied to each other, i just have to sort out the holiday insurance now.

Part three (the itinery)

Monday 4th april
    Typhoon lagoon
    Orlando premium outlets

Tuesday 5th april
    Disney studios
    Florida mall
    Downtown Disney

Wednesday 6th april
    Tusker house for breakfast
    Animal kingdom
    Polynesion photo session (with friends)
    Ohana’s for dinner (with friends)

Thursday 7th april
    Grand Floridian photo session
    Blizzard beach
    Downtown Disney

Friday 8th april
    Chef mickeys for breakfast
    Magic kingdom
    Pirate makeover for tyler
    Bibbidi bobbidi for Courtney
    1900 park fare for diner

Saturday 9th april
    Universal studio’s
    Mardi gras

Sunday 10th april
    Aquatic
    Whispering canyon for dinner
    Monday 11th april
    Epcot
    Downtown Disney

Tuesday 12th april
    Islands of adventure
    Prime outlets

Wednesday 13th april
    Typhoon lagoon
    Bibbidi bobbidi at dtd for Courtney
    Rainforest cafe for dinner (with friends)

Thursday 14th april
    Cinderellas royal table for breakfast
    Magic kingdom
    Mickeys backyard bbq for dinner

Friday 15th april
    Blizzard beach
    Hard rock cafe

Saturday 16th april
    Aquatic
    Downtown Disney
    Trex for dinner (with friends)

Sunday 17th april
    Going home day
    Either boggy creek or Richard petty driving experience

Part four (the shopping lists)
    I know im not going for another year but anyone who knows me well knows that once a trip is booked my whole life is took over by it. So i have already bought all the kids clothes and made sure that there is plenty of room incase they grow, the suncare was on offer at work this month so i bought all that we would need for two weeks, toiletries have been bought along with the usual new tooth brushes etc, a bigger memory card and another new spare battery for my camcorder have now been bought. And also decided to push the boat out a little and treated myself to a new lovely pink netbook so i can upload my photo’s and video’s daily.

[​IMG]

Also hotel has free wireless so will be able to keep intouch with Chelsea. Also ordered a fairfx card as the dollar rate was much better and i will keep on adding to it throughout the year. From amazon i have ordered birnbaums’s pocket size Disney book, walt Disney passporter,birnhaum’s walt Disney dining guide and the brits guide to new York (for my next trip)

Part five (suitcases or holdalls)
    Normally when we go away we travel to the airport in the shogun but as craig is considering getting rid of it im panicking how we will fit my normal luggage into a normal car boot. So i have decided to take the big holdalls with wheels instead on this trip. I will pack chloe Courtney and tylers into one big one and also add two empty holdalls and i’ll take another one with mine and craigs stuff in and add another two into that. So taking two packed one’s out and planning on bring 6 to 7 back. So will have to pay extra baggage for two.

Part six (the tickets)
    So were purchasing Disney 7 day premium tickets, universal 2 park tickets and seaworld/aquatic tickets. Also considering getting express passes for universal.

Part seven (the dinner reservations)
    I can make my adr’s October so ive had to get the calendar out and check when im at work etc and used some of my holiday so i can be home to make them. Ive added a couple of favourites on and a few new ones that we haven’t done my choices this year are
    Rainforest cafe
    T rex
    1900 park fare
    Chef mickeys
    Ohana’s
    Tusker house
    Whispering canyon
    Mickeys backyard bbq
    Cinderellas royal table
  2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i go next week and your more organised than me lol :)

glad your sorting everything out and enjoy :)
  3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

so glad you are getting on great with craig trace :yes: i know how stormy its been over the past few years for you

your the only person i know that buys clothes for the kids the year before a trip and they are packed ready :lol:

have you got your itinery cards printed out yet :lol:

sounds like your going to have a fantasmic trip
  4. tb2830

:donald:

mick im not doing itinery cards this year instead i have a itinery little notebook ....each day has a page and its filled with all my notes etc and will just pop it in my bag......

lol yeh i do like to be organised but there is so much to sort out and for all my previous trips i wasnt working so had all the time in the world.... unlike now lol
  5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

:hug2:
    Pleased you and Craig are still on track :thumbsup:

And, wow! I thought I was organised and planned ahead. I now know I'm a novice!!!
  6. tb2830

thanks diane :hug2:

im sure there is still someone more organised than me out there lol
  7. ukwdwnut

dont forget your bag whatever you do or you'll be stumped as to what you'll be doing and going :wink: :lol:

are tylers and courtneys cases packed ready under the bed yet? :lol:

yeah must be hard working and planning a holiday :lol:
  8. tb2830

yes the holdalls are packed and under tylers bed :donald: of course i wouldnt forget my bag :nono:
  9. tb2830

Part eight (trying the boot)
    Lol how sad am i, craig has gone to cornwall to take the caravan and left the bmw keys behind so am seeing how many holdalls i can fit into the boot of the car. Well i need to know so i can adjust my shopping accordingly lol. Well the conclusion is im not happy i can only fit two holdalls in just two lousy holdalls :thumbsdown: So when he returns tomorrow im telling him were not getting rid of the shogun till we’ve been on holiday.
  10. Isafari

:lol: you tell him girlfriend. He has to know what's important!
  11. ukwdwnut

2 holdalls, call that a boot lol...its not a 3 series is it by any chance trace?
  12. tb2830

too right it is :thumbsdown:

have a list of options

1) keep shogun till holiday
    2) get someone to drop us off at manchester
    3) take two cars
    4) or will end up travelling in 2 weeks worth of clothes:yes:
  13. ukwdwnut

i was gonna say if it is you can only fit 2 holdalls in those :wink: :lol:

shame i didnt live closer id gladly drop you all off my boot is huge

two cars would cost a fortune at the airport wouldnt it? why not get a cab firm to drop you off and pick you up if none of your friends can help?

i can just see you all dressed in all that clothing 4 michelin men :lol:
  14. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Glad things are going well Tracy :thumbsup:

I am also glad there is somebody else out there like me, when Colin was choosing his new company car all that I was worried about was whether we would fit our holiday cases in the boot! :lol:
  15. tb2830

lol lisa so good to know im not the only one who worry's about boot space :donald:
    im sure i will get it sorted one way or another. to be honest it will just be on our return journey that we will need help so will maybe just get dad to meet us at the airport when we return
  16. tb2830

part nine (a few changes)

well after a long discussion my friend has decided there no longer coming and instead going to new york. she thought i would be angry but couldnt have got it more wrong im actually relieved our holiday is back to it just being us.

ive now booked my seats on the flight and decided now its just us that we can stop at the royal pacific for two nights so im booking that wednesday :yes:

ive also added a couple of more dining reservations to my list which are ohana's for breakfast and cape may buffet for breakfast.

also seen a great disney bag at asda today which will be great for carrying all our towels etc to the water parks so i will go back and get that tomorrow.

time just seems to be flying by and really wont be that long till i can get park hours etc
  17. Isafari

Seems to be falling into place nicely for you Tracy :yes:
    I saw that bag in Asda too :D
  18. tb2830

thanks diane it does doesnt it :yes: