1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Giddy up!

Discussion in 'Other Florida Parks and Attractions' started by Isafari, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Anyone been horse riding in the Orlando area?
    If so, where did you go? Was it expensive? How many of you were there in a group?

We have only been the once and we left from the Villas of the Grand Cypress. The actual riding lasted for an hour and it was through some woods and fields on some very well behaved horses. Actually, my horse just wanted to stop and eat while DH's always wanted to be in the lead.:lol:
    It was very relaxing and we actually booked a private trail so there was just DH, myself and the leader.
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Not me, I'm allergic to horses which is a shame since I love them so much.
  3. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Earning my ears

We did this at Fort Wilderness, I definitely preferred the tour of Fort Wilderness from the air-conditioned internal bus! The kids all loved it.
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

This is the info for Ft Wilderness horseback riding

This 45-minute to one hour guided trail ride goes through the wooded areas of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Offered daily at 8:30am, 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00am and 2:30pm

Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the ride time. If you arrive after the Safety Announcement, you will not be permitted to ride.

Cost is $42.00 including tax. Reservations are required and can be made up to 90 days in advance. Cancellation of rides may occur due to inclement weather.

Minimum age is 9
    Minimum height is 48 inches
    Maximum weight is 250 pounds.
    Helmets are recommended and are provided at no charge.
    Nothing can be carried while on horseback. Small storage lockers to hold cameras and backpacks are provided at no charge.
    No open-toed shoes, flip-flops or strapless shoes should be worn for riding.
    Pick up tickets on the same day at the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground Kennel at least 30 minutes prior to start of ride.
    Parents need to sign consent forms for children
  5. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

we went off site to a place on poincieta blvd (not sure on the spelling) its off the 192 and a bit of a drive but you go out into some really nice woodlands from the ranch there was a slow ride or a fast ride for more experienced riders it was a little bit expensive but worth it i think it was about £127 for the 4 of us but we did it every visit it was so relaxing would recommend it