1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Going on trip LOW on traders!

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by BigThunder, Jan 3, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

It just dawned on me that I haven't stocked up the family with pin traders for this trip. with only a week to go there is no way to buy some on ebay & get them in time. This will be the first time ever we have went, basically, without traders!! I'll be ok, I am so picky I rarely traded anyway. and my oldest daughter only looks for Piglets which are pretty rare anyway. But my husband (Goofy trader) & my youngest (Stitch trader) will not know how to deal with this, lol. They are used to being able to trade with reckless abandon. Geesh...maybe I can do a buy-it-now on a LOT of pins on ebay & they may arrive before next Friday.

*****Cristine scampers off to ebay to search***

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You can always check the Disney outlet store at Premium Outlets when you first get here. Sometimes they have low cost/marked down pins. :yes:

3. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

That's a good idea. It's much cheaper than having to go buy a pin at full price so they can do a trade, lol. I love going to the outlet mall store! I really look forward to that each trip. Do you go to the one in St. Augustine too Tink?

4. Tink

No, I've not ever been to one there. Didn't know they had one!

The Prime outlets are supposed to have a Disney outlet too. I've not seen it though. I've only been to a couple of stores at the Prime outlets. I didn't see where they were all that much less expensive. I saw a jacket I really liked in Brooks Brothers there, and it was nearly five hundred dollars. I don't consider that a bargain! :eek:

5. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Since they remodeled the outlets it's now a very frou-frou outlet experience where the prices are still way higher than what I think is a good deal. Now we just go & hit the WDW outlet & leave. The rest of the shops, to me, are a joke. I guess I just don't care enough about name brands & labels to enjoy it like others might.

The one in St. Augustine...i can't remember the names of any of them I'm afraid....you can see it right off of interstate on the right hand side as you are leaving Florida...it's still an outlet mall with some normal stores inside. The WDW outlet is basically the same as the other one but sometimes we do find a different selection between the two.

6. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Ok, I just did one of those make an offer things on ebay for a LOT of 50 pins. They were asking $90. I should have just done the buy-it-now for that but I couldn't resist offering $80, lol. I do love a bargain. But now I have to wait to see if they accept it. It said shipping was Priority Mail so if they accept & I pay over the weekend & they get it out quickly then it SHOULD arrive prior to Friday. Here's hoping! 50 pins should be an adequate amount for my pin addicts to trade, hehehe :D

7. Tink

Oooooo! Good luck to you! I hope it works. :yes: 50 pins should certainly be enough to at least get them started on trading! :D

I'm with you. I'm not a "label" shopper. Although I will say I can hone in on the single most expensive item in any given store quicker than a bee to nectar. :rolleyes: It's a real talent of mine. :lol: So, when my "honing" turns up a jacket for nearly five hundred dollars, I'm not necessarily impressed with the pricing structure of that given shop. :D

Now, had that jacket been on sale for oh, say fifty dollars then I would have considered it. :lol: Yepper. I'm totally miserly when it comes to buying clothes for myself. :sigh:

8. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I won the auction, yay! She accepted my bid of $80 & it's free shipping so that means they are $1.60 each. That's a good price for traders I think. They have so many pins already it kills me but they each collect popular characters that it just seems every cast member they go up to has at least one on their lanyard that they want!
    I do love a bargain & get really excited when I find one. I just doubt there are too many fantastic deals at that particular outlet mall now. Usually we are in so much of a rush that even if I wanted we wouldn't have time to hit all those stores.

9. Tink

Congratulations! It sounds like you've gotten a great deal. :yes:

10. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Yay! Glad you won the auction. Hope your family have fun with their trading :yes:

11. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Well done hon!!!! I think you got a fantastic deal!!!

Happy trading!

12. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Well done hon!!!! I think you got a fantastic deal!!!

Happy trading!

13. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I got an email stating she printed up a label today so even if it's not going out until Monday it should arrive in time. I'm so excited! Now I'm excited to look thru them & see what all is there, hehehe. It's like a grab bag thing..doesn't really show you the exact pins you are going to get.