1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Going to Disney for 1st time in Feb. Help!!!

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by jheaton, Jan 21, 2010.

1. jheaton

jheaton Earning my ears

Staying for 4 full days in Disney at the Cypress Grande Villa.

Here are some questions:

1. Car Rental/shuttle? Car Rental coming in at $600 for 6 day rental...eeek...:thumbsdown:

2. I specifically need to know where and how to buy theme park tickets.

3. How much for parking at the parks?

4. Thinking of visiting MK, Epcot and Universal Studios. Any ideas on tickets for visiting these parks?

Thanks for any and all help....:yes:
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Have fun! :D

I tend to buy tickets from the actual source, ie Disney or Universal.

Also, can you qualify for any car rental discounts, like AAA?
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

You don't say where you are from or what sort of car but $600/week is quite steep.

Parking at the Disney parks is up to $14/day I believe.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

$100 per day for a rental car had better be buying you a full size Caddi! :eek:

Having your own transport is nice. Not everyone has it though! Yes, $14 per day per park. If you pay for one park and hop to another in the same day, you won't have to pay again.

You can purchase theme park passes on line directly from Disney, or Universal or Seaworld. You can purchase theme park vouchers that you turn in for tickets at AAA (if you are a member) Disney stores sometimes, and some legitimate ticket sellers like Maple Leaf.

You can purchase theme park tickets at the gates of each park, at the resort hotels and for WDW, at Guest Relations.

Under no circumstances what so ever, for any reason, EVER buy a theme park pass from one of those kiosks you'll see peppered all over the streets and roads of the Orlando Area. "WE HAVE TICKETS!!!! DISCOUNT TICKETS!!!!" Those places. Believe it or not it IS illegal, although for some odd reason the law enforcement agencies don't pursue the matter. People often, very often, get their money stolen. They purchase the ticket, get to the gate and find out that the ticket doesn't work. Disney questions, and then will confiscate the ticket as an illegal one and you are out every dime (and contrary to what they advertize they are not cheap). Sad stories are on the news all the time... "Family loses $1200 to ticket scam..." that sort of thing.

SO! NEVER buy from them! :nono:

Buy from a legitimate place, know that there are very few true discounts (AAA will provide a small discount) but there are better choices (the one day one park ticket is the most expensive way) than others so do a bit of research and make the choice that best fits your needs.

I hope that helps a little and isn't too confusing!

By the way! WELCOME to Disney Secrets!!!
  5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

What Sister Tink says!!! Did you consider staying on site? They have bus transportation to each of the parks from each resort. Or some have boats or the monorail too! We love not having to drive.