1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Golden Coral ?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by goofygal, Oct 12, 2008.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

What does the Golden Coral have on its menu is it a buffet like ponderosa but better quality?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It is a buffet. I can't speak to the quality because I really dislike Ponderosa and don't think much of Golden Corral, either. :sorry:

There are a couple of GCs that are better than others, but they still serve processed cheap food that is pretty dismal.

3. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Ah now I have to disagree profusely here. We LOVE it because when you get there just as the dishes come out it is pretty good and hot. We had fresh veggies and hot mash and delicious fresh cooked tender steaks. Seriously why pay more when this place dishes up everything you could want and more. I know some don't like it and I guess it depends which one you go to but we never had a bad meal there, and we're quite fussy. There is a brand new one just opened I hear where the water park used to be so I'd give that one a go.

4. Tink

Thanks Helly! :hug1: I always feel bad when I give it a bad review, but I just don't like the place. Nice that you've had good experiences there! :yes:

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I like the veggie options at buffets. However, I just don't like buffets. People tend to do some nasty things at a buffet that I always manage to witness...ugh.

6. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i wasnt keen on the place reminds me of a school dinner room we all have our own opinions of different places :)

7. Tink

Yep, we do Daveann. It's one of the true beauties of life, isn't it? :yes:

8. coombsyl

coombsyl Earning my ears

We find that we like some and are not keen on others. We like the one at Lake Buena Vists (next to Bahama Breeze) but are not at all keen on the one on the 192.

9. renlik

renlik Earning my ears

On a recent holiday, The Golden Coral was our favourite.:p015:

Good value, a huge choice and the service was excellent. Before we went, I wasn't very keen - I don't generally like Buffet type places, but I found everything was very fresh and I couldn't fault it.

10. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

The staff told me to do this... go as the breakfast sitting is ending just as they change the food over for lunch and you can have lunch at breakfast prices... same for the dinner... go just as the lunch is ending... plus those coupon books they have can save you lots if you're on a budget.

11. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

We have one GC here & how can i say this nicely......well, it's white trash central. That wasn't very nicely was it? I'm sorry. I hope i don't get a harsh banning for saying that but it 'tis true. It's also rather dirty & icky. Yet that doesn't keep my husband from wanting to go there to get his chow on. They do offer a LOT & if you can find a nice clean one I think it would be ok. This one started out it's life nice & clean but it didn't last. I love a buffett that is obviously ran well (like the ones at WDW), problem is in the real world you don't have that kind of quality at most.

12. Figment

Figment Imagineer

We have a Golden Corral locally and we like it quite a lot. My favorite is breakfast as they have cooked to order eggs and omlettes. We often do as Crayola says...head in for breakfast at about 10:45...that way I get my steak and eggs.:p015: The steak isn't top of the line, but it's usually pretty decent.

I do agree it depends on the location when it comes to quality...we visited one when we went home to visit familly and the food wasn't nearly as good.