1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Good restaurants at Downtown Disney?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disnut, May 23, 2011.

1. disnut

disnut Imagineer

Any good restaurants at downtown disney please?

I'm particularly interested in house of blues whatever they do or planet hollywood but someone said there's a good italian?

Whats that boat restaurant???

2. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

House of Blues is pretty good and we often eat there for lunch. Lunch is not often very crowded, at least during slower seasons when we normally visit. Pretty good variety in the menu and items you cannot easily find elsewhere at WDW; service is generally pleasant as well. Music playing in background, but we do not find it to be annoying in terms of loudness.

Planet Hollywood is okay; we have not been there since it first opened. I do remember that is was VERY loud and it was almost impossible to hold a conversation, but that may have changed. The food was okay; nothing particularly memorable except chicken coated with Captain Crunch. Lots of movie memorabilia inside and that is pretty cool.

Other places to try (there are a few new ones we have not had a chance to visit yet) - Fulton's Crab House, Raglan Road, Rainforest Cafe, Earl of Sandwich (great sandwiches on artisan bread), Wolfgang Puck Express for good pizza. Portobello used to be called Portobello Yacht Club, but it's been many years since we visited. Paradisio 37 is the newest spot along with TRex.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

There truly is a variety of dining in DTD. Over in the Market Place there is Cap'n Jacks, Earl of Sandwich, Fulton's Crab House (the boat), Pollo Campero, Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex and Wolfgang Puck Express. In the Pleasure Island area there is Cookes of Dublin, Raglan Road, Paradiso 37, Planet Hollywood (I don't think you could pay me enough to eat here again, way too noisy), Portobello (Italian). On the West Side, Bongo's Cuban Cafe, House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and Wolfgang Puck's "The Dining Room".

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

The "boat" was a lovely dining venue when it was the "Empress Lily", however the standards definitely slipped a mile after it became Fultons Crab House. :thumbsdown:

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Out of all the places listed above by usc our favorite is Wolf Gang Puck "The Dinning Room". The food is outstanding.

Rainforest has good food as well but since we can eat here back at home it's not a true Disney experience for us.

6. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    The only table service resturants i have eaten at are planet hollywood and raglin road. Ihad good meal at raglin road but would not go back to planet hollwood

7. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I like Raglan Road for a nice sit-down and relax meal.

I like Earl of Sandwich for grabbing a quick bite.