1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Good restaurants at universal citywalk?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by wishonastar, May 31, 2011.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

It's looking like we'll be spending more time at universal this time around so we're wondering about good places to eat at universal citywalk.

Any recommendations?

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We like Nescar but I know quite a few members here like Bubba Gump.

INFO HERE

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

we went to the hard rock but it wasn't AMAZING to be honest. Don't know that I'd bother again. I like the look of EMERIL'S though

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I have heard the choup choup in the royal pacific resort is nice and we plan to visit in August. Mama Dellas? Was very good when we went a few years ago - portofino resort, 'Mama' actually looks after you and they have entertainers walking around tables with an accordion and singing. I enjoyed the anti pasti.

In IOA there is MYthos which when we went was exellent and a very welcome break from a busy park. It won theme park restaurant of the year for a few years I believe.

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

To be honest, it's been years since I've been to Citywalk. I ate at the Hard Rock, and to repeat what Keith said, it's not amazing. It was a cool place, but the food was just so-so.

6. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I have tried Margaritaville a few times and it is good for what it is. I remember that I had some wings that were jerk style and Shrimp Scampi and both were pretty good. The margaritas were the draw for me. Other than Margaritaville we didnt try any othe restaurants on Citywalk.

7. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I love Bubba Gump, mostly the atmosphere. The food is wonderful and even though it has a lot of fish on the menu there is still a good collection for the non fish eaters.

We can never go to universal without at least going into the NASCAR cafe, this has the usual burgers, steaks etc and is a great restaurant if you like NASCAR racing (especially since race rock has gone).

Hard rock is ok but I thing it's a little like planet Hollywood in the fact that you pay more for where you are eating, good atmosphere full of musical memorabilia.

Definitely recommend Buppa Gump!:thumbsup:
    :wiggle: