1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Gps?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by AKLnut, Jul 7, 2008.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

Hi

We have a tomtom over here but the maps are UK, does anyone take their navigation systems to orlando with them and if so how do you update it to work with US Maps??? or is it just easier to hire a car with a GPS already in it

Thanks!

2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

It's probably cheaper to rent GPS over there, however if yours is the type with the card in, you can just buy a US road map card, I believe.

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We take ours, we have a Garmin Nuvi which came with Europe and North America maps so we are lucky.

A lot of people have Tom Toms and take them. If you go here and select your model and then the select the South East region or USA if you want the whole of the US. You can choose to download it or buy the SD card. The information on what to do is here

I think some people have also bought from Ebay.

If you visit the US every year then I would buy your own maps, that way you can add your own favourites for next time :D