1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

GRAND FLORDIAN

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by robertcraig, Jan 7, 2011.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Has anyone dined at CITRICOS or any other GRAND FLORIDIAN RESTURANT
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yeah! Citricos once and to be honest, we weren't wowed although I think we're in the minority. Most people seem to really like it.

Narcoosees SO SO variable. We've had meals to remember forever there and then meals we've tried very very very hard to forget.

Then of course, Victoria and Albert. WOW. Just WOW. Love it.
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We have done V&A and Citrico's several times. I think that Citrico's is my 2nd favorite affordable restaurant at WDW (JIKO is #1). We have also eaten a couple of times at Narcoosee's. We done the afternoon tea, we've eaten at 1900 Park Fare a couple of times, and I think at the GF Cafe once.
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We always make a point of staying at the GF every time we go over there using our DVC points to fund our stay.

We always make a point of dining at all of the restaurants there...it`s become something of a ritual by now!

V & A`s really is fantastic for that [albeit expensive] "special" meal.
    Citrico`s is high on our list of "must do" restaurants.
    Narcoosee`s is a bit "hit and miss" although it is a good location from which to view the MK fireworks.
    1900 Park Fayre is ok if you want some character interaction and don`t mind loads of noisy children all around.
    The GF Cafe is fine for breakfast and a "middle of the road" dinner.
    Afternoon tea in the lobby is an expensive exercise and not good value for money IMHO.
    Gasparilla`s is fine for a quick lunch....burgers, pizzas, sandwiches etc., where you can sit outside with a great view of Cinderella`s Castle.
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Really loved Citricos - one of our best dinner experiences we have had at Disney.
    GF cafe is a must do for us as well for breakfast - going to have a dinner there as well this year.
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Im really going to have to try it again :/ perhaps they were having an off day when we went, or perhaps I was :lol:
  7. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Oh, I love Citricos! They make an awesome martini! Never had a bad meal there.
  8. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Now see I really didn't like California Grill which others love, but for us it was such an overpriced, overrated experience - which was made all the worse by a totally obnoxious server! :lol: I was gutted we chose there for our 'signature' meal last time over Citricos and it cost us almost double as well!) We are definitely returning to Citricos this year - you wait it will be terrible no doubt! :lol: