1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

grand floridian help

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by daveann, May 27, 2009.

1. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

has anyone stayed at the grand floridian?
    can it be booked for 1 night only?
    do they have any special rooms :wink:
    was wondering about booking a special meal and overnight stay there any help much appreciated :brightidea:

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I suppose you could book for just one night...

As for the special rooms, I know the best room have "castle view".... which means you can watch the MK fireworks from your room :)

Apart from that, Im sorry I cant be more helpful....

Sounds like a GREAT plan! :)

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It CAN be booked just for one night and perhaps the most special rooms are the ones in the main building rather than the outlying blocks of rooms.

I should say that in my opinion, you need at least a few nights to soak up the feel of the place. I understand the cost implications of course but of the times we've stayed, the one where we stayed just a couple of nights I didn't really "get the point" and felt it was pretty overrated.

When I stayed there for longer I swapped from feeling "overrated" to really really great but "overpriced" but many would argue with me on that point as well.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

My DW and I have stayed at the GF loads of times..it is now like home from home to us.
    As has been said, yes you can book a room for one night but a longer stay if you can afford it is recommended.
    There are special rooms available and as Keith said most of them are in the main building which is concierge. We`ve never stayed in the main building as personally we can`t feel the need to use the concierge service, hence why pay the extra cost??

We normally opt for a room in the Sago Cay building overlooking the marina. This is a fairly quiet spot, being located away from the swimming pools which can be a bit noisy at times. If you are lucky, you may be able to secure a room there facing the castle at the MK which we did one year and it was amazing.

For a really special meal, then V& A`s cannot be beat, although you need to make an early reservation and take a large wallet with you! :lol:
    Citrico`s is my preferred second choice if you intend dining at the GF.

5. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

our johnie on here has got some pricing for us and we are thinking of a MK view Dave is reading all the reviews on the net about it. we only want 1 night as we are already staying at port orleans its just for that special evening just the 2 of us.
    johnie gets some really good prices

6. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

I have stayed twice and had MK/Castle views both times. It is amazing to sit on your balcony and watch Wishes and the castle lit up at night.

7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

oh.. Johnie is amazing!

you are in great hands :yes: