1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

ground floor room or higher up?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by goofygal, Oct 30, 2008.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

We've heard that a ground floor room can be very noisy but then easy to get into without going up stairs at the end of the night

What would you ask for?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Most hotels have elevators so you won't have to worry about stairs.
  3. Poohtle

Poohtle Imagineer

We always ask for top floor as we have had some bad experiences with elephants in the room above!!:confused:
  4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

All WDW resorts have elevators in the buildings except OKW--it has only two or three buildings with elevators.

If I'm solo, I always request the top floor. Personal safety issues. If I'm with others, any place except the ground floor.

We were on the second floor at Pop Century last December and had no issues with noise from the rooms above, below or beside us. Leu is a very light sleeper and almost everything wakes her--she had no problems.

Regardless of your room location, you can hear doors slamming if people are impolite--or the door just happens to get away from them!--and people talking if they are loud. Quieter room locations tend to be on the sides of the resorts away from the pools (values & moderates). :)

Edited to add:

I should clarify the voices: people talking as they walk to/from their rooms. If you happen to have very loud neighbors, that could be an issue. We've always been lucky--polite neighbors. :D
  5. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

When we went Pop Century had lots of little kidlets charging around the ground floors lol... we were on floor 4 :) Bliss....