1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Grrrrr! Online reservations won't accept my confirmation number!!

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Deb, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

I was all excited about making my 180 + 10 days reservations this morning, and although my confirmation number on on the site linked to my hotel booking, the dining reservation bit simply won't accept it!!!! Apparently, this is a common issue since the system upgrade, but I am so annoyed that I have to call and go through them all with a CM!!!!! Takes a lot of the magic away I can tell you :(

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Awe, sorry for your disappointment Deb :hug2:
    I hope you get all of the ADR's you are after....then maybe some of the magic will return :yes:

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, how annoying is that! Try asking for a supervisor right off and maybe they can trouble shoot from their end? Maybe your number will then work and you can make the majority of ADRs yourself? :hug2:

4. Deb

Tink, I tried and they couldn't help, said the system was probably being maintained and to try again later. I notice from a general internet search that quite a few people have been having this problem for a while. I tried using a low call number to the US, but it was either very quiet, or actually just stopped working after a while, so in the end I called direct and made my reservations - a very expensive process no doubt as I had to be read the terms and conditions for each restaurant. I have to now keep doing this each day to make my final 4 days reservations too, unless things start to work again. So much for the online system :thumbsdown:

So the good news is that I managed to get the difficult ressies I needed, bad news is I am feeling less than magical now I think of the potential phone bill :( Oh well!

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh Deb :hug2: that's really bad :(

I hope your phone bill isn't too high and that the magic comes back soon :hug2:

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The online dining system is nothing but problems.

7. Tink

Ach, that is terrible. :( I sure hope the rest of the calls go smoother. :hug2: MUST they read all that nonsense to you? Can't you just tell them to carry on ... it's hugely expensive??? Geez. :(

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I doubt they would not read it Tink. They probably have to go through it in case they are observed or audited. It's even worse when they ask for all of your info on the automated system and then ask you when the CM gets on the line!

9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Deb,

Something you might want to try since you've got to call.

I have it on my laptop and can connect from here in the States to a UK access point that let's me call anywhere in the UK for very little money. I think I spent $10 US to buy Skype credits but then have called and talked to our own Slowhand several times for quite a length of time. And I still have $8.00 of Skype credit left. You can also pay by the minute or monthly. I just checked and it's $2.99 for unlimited use for a month. :thumbsup:
    Additionally, once you install it on your computer, you can call any other Skype user on their computer anywhere in the world for free! Even do video calls if you've got a web cam on your computer. Only real requirement is that your computer has to have a microphone input and speakers. Or you've got to get a USB microphone headset or equivalent. But they're ridiculously cheap.

Tom :)macwave:... Skype fan!)

10. Tink

Oh good idea, Tom. My sister's husband is in Kuwait and they Skype all the time. :yes:

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Deb, I dont know if you are having the same issue I had... It kept saying it couldnt find my reservation and that the last name didnt match?

IT eventually got sorted right online, had to try putting the last name in with no caps, and then checking the reservation number with and without matching a resort name to it?

12. Wendy

Deb I have a phone line again and all my calls to the US are free, I would have mentioned it before but I wasn't sure when the fault would be fixed.

If you want me to make the reservations for you, send me a PM. It's really no problem at all :hug2:

13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Sorry you're having such a time of it, Deb. Hope things get sorted quickly :hug2:

14. Deb

Thanks everyone :hug2: Wendy, that is so kind :) And Tom, thanks for the heads up on Skype - I have been meaning to install it to talk to my Aussie friend, that has reminded me to do it!

Mari, it doesn't matter what I do, with my name and confirmation number - I have tried every which way too! It will only recognise it against my accommodation booking :unsure: And now I have booked dining reservations it won't recognise them either. Oh well!

I have managed to find a low cost number that works well, so after that first extortionately expensive call I have managed to do the rest via that - though the length of the calls due to the amount of info they have to read to you is awful! Anyway, it is sorted - and Mr Deb keeps telling me to stop worrying about the phone bill, it's done, and that's that!! :surrender: It is odd that running a reasonably good online booking system seems to be beyond Disney's capability....

15. Wendy

I'm glad you have managed to book the rest of your ADRs Deb :hug2:

It's crazy that a company as large as Disney doesn't have a reliable booking system :rolleyes: