1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Guest Assistance Pass

Discussion in 'Special Needs' started by Claire, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Hi all :wave:

On the last 2 occasions we've been to DLRP we've got a GAP for Owen and they've written it out as Owen plus 4 so that we can all ride together as a family. We were warned the last time we were there that they were changing the way they do GAPs to just 'plus 1' with the rest of the family queueing as normal. This will obviously free up some of the queueing time for the rides and I understand why they're doing it although it means having to find something to occupy Owen whilst the rest of the family are in a line. My question is (finally!) how do they do it at WDW? Is it plus 1 or does it encompass the whole family?

The sad thing about it being only one person to accompany Owen is we will not be able to experience the rides all together and was hoping it would be different in Florida. The strange thing is I feel selfish for wanting it to cover the whole family but hate the idea of having to split up when at the parks.

Ok, I'll stop rambling now!
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think splitting up a family is completely wrong. :(

Last I knew, WDW kept everyone together. I hope they haven't changed their policy on the matter. The focus is supposed to be on families. How can they claim that yet, not allow families to stay together for the touring?
  3. Catherine

Catherine Earning my ears

Last year we had the GAP and it was for up to 6, as there were 6 of us including Connah, it worked super. I hope they dont do that as this would make all the magic of going on the rides together gone.
  4. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

You make a good point Tink! Maybe WDW understand this more than DLRP. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks Catherine. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed it stays that way!
  5. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

When we went to WDW in December the pass we got was for 5 of us. We had no problems riding together.
    Hope they don't start this and were is the fun in riding seperate to your family or friends
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm afraid if I were given a pass that did not allow my family to stay together I'd ask to speak with a manager and voice my strong objections. :sigh; Depending upon the level of the disability, many folks can't enjoy all WDW has to offer as it is. Taking their families out of their holiday is only going to detract from their ability to enjoy WDW even more. :(