1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

hairdressers onsite

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by daveann, Jun 4, 2009.

1. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

does anyone know of any hairdressers onsite and how to go about booking them?
    been looking through the disney site but cant find any reference to hairdressers :unsure:

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

off the top of my head I just thought of the magic kingdom barber shop.. not what you are looking for.. hahahaha

but then I thought maybe at some of the resorts spas they have hairdressers..

another option would be to check hairdressers around Orlando and call and ask if they could come to your resort.... they might charge a bit more, but maybe not as much as you think, and you wont even have to leave your room

3. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

For my wedding I went to the salon at the GF. I called the GF main number and was transferred to them I think. I just told them I wanted a hairdo for my wedding and they also did my makeup. My mom got her hair and makeup done and my bridesmaid got a manicure and pedi :)

4. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

There is one between the Yacht & Beach Club . I used them for a dear friends wedding . Right between the Yacht Club spa and Arcade . Very near too, Beaches & Cream . I just thought of the name too, Periwigs . I had a gorgeous up style done and make up applied . They also do nails .

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Last I knew WDW no longer had hairstylists that came to the rooms. If you want that sort of service, you'll need to hire your own independent stylist.

If you want to take a little ride, no more than 20 minutes, the hair salon by my house is a full service salon with highly trained and talented stylist. Ultima Salon is the name.

Periwigs, and the GF salon both have nice reputations. There is the spa at SSR too, but I don't know if they do hair. They do spa treatments of course, including pedicures and manicures. :yes:

Main St. Barbershop is a great place for a simple cut, or paint and pixie dust added to your hair, but I'd not use them for a fancy "do."

6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I thought there was a salon at the CS. At least, I believe there was when I was there a few years ago.

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Yep. What FD said. There also is a salon at CSR.

But, as Tink said, I don't believe any of the salons provide stylists to the resort rooms or wedding venues.