1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hallllooooooo!!!! LIVE FROM MK

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Tink, Jun 5, 2010.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

looks a lot larger than the studio we had there
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Here are some additional photos of the BLT villa...

Attached Files:

3. Tink

The first two are shots of the master bath. The shower is showing you that there are two shower heads, however only one can be used at a time. Neither of us cared for either one. The one on the wall was just weird, and we wondered how a tall person would use it at all. The one overhead was like "rain" and was about as efficient as standing in a summer shower... :unsure: :lol:
  4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I am truly impressed yes....

I wonder if we should try and stay there for one night this Sept....
  5. keith

yep weird innit? I remember the first time I stayed at Disney and the shower was on some kind of torture setting :lol: the force of the water was so strong it was actually painful on some settings!

Things have certainly changed with the gentle dribble that comes from them now
  6. Tink

Top of the World Lounge is at the very top of BLT. Right now only DVC members staying at BLT on points can use the lounge. We'll see how long that lasts. It's a lovely place, but a bit boring as there really aren't that many members that use the place. :shrug: The flatbread was quite nice (tenderloin with carmelized onion, goat cheese and balsamic vinegar) and the margarits refreshing, but the best were at Outer Rim... :D

Attached Files:

7. keith

Must admit that looks pretty cool :D but as you say, needs some people to get some atmosphere
  8. Deafjeff

Is it worth trying to get a room for one night?
  9. keith

I enjoyed it but I would try and splash for an MK View room especially if only for one special night :yes:
  10. Tink

Testimony to the excellence of the Outer Rim Margaritas! They were perfect after a long day at the HOT MK (we took a break just after the 3:00 parade, went to the resort, did our impromptu margarita taste testing before returning for the evening parade and fireworks...).

The red margarita is from Sunday at EPCOT... the Cave in Mexico. Go. Get one. They are beyond fab.

Attached Files:

11. keith

I love the outer rim, I really do. It's so over looked but it's a great little bar
  12. Deafjeff

oohhh I will!!!
  13. Tink

OK. We're getting toward the end of the shots I'll bore you with. :embarassed: (Trust me, I've loads more! :lol: ).

Here are some of Nightastic, the evening fireworks show that has replaced Wishes for the summer. Tinkerbell does fly, but not at the beginning or end as you'd expect so if you want a shot of her, be ready! I missed her. :sigh:

These are really poor shots, but we were buried shoulder to shoulder near the ice cream parlor on Main Street...

Attached Files:

14. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

great photos tink. you know we love photos so the more the merrier plzzzzzzzzzzzz :D
  15. Deafjeff

ooooooohhh!
  16. Tink

So there you have it... some of the shots (be nice or I'll force you to view more! :lol: ).

We had a wonderful time. We do plan on staying through Sunday next year, checking out on Monday, and we'll probably do BLT again as it's just too convenient. There were some beautiful surprises along the way, and some unexpected meetings (who KNEW our friends from NY would be down?! :lol: ) and just good all round fun.

We were a little suprised at the lack of "cool tshirts" this year. Many were plain ol' red... and many gay folk were not wearing red at all. Can't blame them as it's too silly hot to be wearing red in June!

One or two men in kilts, not the group that usually is there.

As always, it's the older gay men and women that cause me to choke up. There were two really old men wearing shirts with their wedding date (Mass.) on the front then their years together in love on the back. That got me. The two very old men, one with an o2 tank... you know they've been through hell. The two old, old women, one with a walker...

The families, they were wonderful to see. One Mom in red was dancing with her two little girls in red at the parade. There were babies, and teens and Dads and Moms... there were party animals ;) and couples, and you know? There were representations of "everybody."

It still nice to see the red, if only to realize that you are not alone in this world.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the weekend, the parades, BLT, the margaritas ;) or what have you, that I can.

Thanks for bearing with me! :D
  17. Deafjeff

Thank you for sharing all this with us, it means a lots to me :yes:

It is so nice that you can share all this in this forum and it is so heartwarming that others can also share things without any snide remarks!

:hug2: to everyone here!
  18. Tink

I don't know. The MK view is nice, but only if you have a higher floor. I was not thrilled that our villa was on the second floor, and in hindsight probably should have said something.

We didn't much mind as we really weren't in the room much, and our view was ok... meh.

It would all depend upon how much it cost, and I'm guessing it's pricey as it's new. A studio would be less costly, but then it's a single room, and not an apartment setting like the one in the photos.

Remember too that you check in at 4:00 and have to check out by 11:00 am the next day, so you really don't have that much time with one night.

There is no restaurant in BLT proper, but there is a very convenient covered walkway to the Contemporary where you have the Wave, the Contemporary Cafe, California Grill and Chef Mickey's.

We walked to MK each time, and it was an easy walk. We did take the Monorail back once, too.
  19. Tink

Overall, it's a fine place for a weekend. It does have a bit of a sterile feel to it still? Not sure if it's because it's so new, or if because some of the areas come across as too stark? Wasn't overly impressed with some of the lobby staff, but they are new-ish too, eh? No one said, "Welcome Home!" :nono:

We never made it to the pool, but there did seem to be a bit of traffic there. We had a view of it from our room.

No! We didn't see the plaques! :lol:
  20. Tink

Jeff, this is a forum of truly beautiful people who understand what life means in this strange old world. The members here truly care about one another, and while we don't agree on everything (and wouldn't that be boring) we all do agree that everyone is absolutely as important to this world as the next, no more, no less.

When we say there is no other site as warm, caring and friendly as this site, we mean it! :yes: