1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Halloween and christmas parties at the magic kingdom

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by karen2, Aug 1, 2009.

1. karen2

karen2 Earning my ears

I heard they have halloween and christmas parties actually in the magic kingdom? Are these events you can just turn up to and are they worth spending a day or evening on?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

They are WELL worth attending. But alas they ARE NOT free. To guarantee that you get tickets you should buy them in advance.
  3. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

Isnt there a special pirates one as well??
  4. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Yep, it's the Pirate and Princess Party...usually runs from about 7pm to midnight "on select nights". There's an extra admission fee but it's well worth it. The Magic Kingdom has a special pirate-themed parade and fireworks, and a treasure hunt for the kiddos (they search for locations marked with an "X" and receive prizes like beads and candy). We went in 2007 and had a blast!

EDIT:

Hmmm, looks like the 2009 schedule for Pirate/Princess has been canceled? :sorry: See below:

<center> <center> <align="left"></align="left">
    </center> </center> [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial] <align="left">Pass through the gates of the Magic Kingdom and become immersed in a world of Pirates and Princesses. Begin by picking up your "treasure map" and "treasure bag" to choose your course. As you embark on your quest for beads and chocolate treasures, you are witness to a special Pirate and Princess parade and fireworks spectacular.

Experience Pirate Coves and Princess Courts filled with treasures and specially themed entertainment. Plus, you can enjoy character greetings, a stage show and some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions.

*For safety, costumes must not be obstructive or offensive

Please Note: 2009 dates are currently canceled.

</align="left">
    [/FONT] <align="left"> <align="left">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]TICKETS:[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]
    Event participation is not included with regular Theme Park admission. A separate ticket is required. Tickets are valid for entry only during the event time (listed above) for the date purchased. As event nights often sell out in advance, purchasing tickets at the earliest possible date is highly recommended.
    [/FONT]<align="left">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]
    [/FONT] <align="left"> <align="left"><align="left">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]Advance Purchase Savings:
    Adult (ages 10+): $43.95
    Child (ages 3-9): $37.95

Day of Event Price:
    Adult (ages 10+): $47.95
    Child (ages 3-9): $41.95

Details & Restrictions:

Specially priced tickets MUST be purchased in ADVANCE and are not available on-site or on the day of the event.

All discounted tickets will be set up for Will-Call. A valid Annual Pass ID must be shown at the time of ticket pick-up

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]Special "Dinner Add-On" is available at The Liberty Tree Tavern & Tony's Town Square

[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]To purchase tickets call (407) W-DISNEY (934-7639).

[/FONT]<align="left"><align="left"><align="left"><align="left"><align="left"><align="left">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial]
    [/FONT] <align="left">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]
    [/FONT]</align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left"></align="left">
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  5. Tx_Belle

Tx_Belle Earning my ears

MNSSHP is definitely worth it. :yes: Hallowishes was the best fireworks show I'd ever seen, too. When we went last year, the party was on my Mom's birthday and it was chilly that night. Talk about a wonderful first for me at Disney!

As for MVMCP, it's a lot of fun as well. My parents have been at Christmas twice, and my brother and his wife are returning for the second time. (Their FOURTH trip in a calendar year, by the way. :tongue: They even went to MVMCP last Christmas). One of these days I would LOVE to visit Disney at Christmastime.

I've never been to the Pirates and Princess Party, so I can't comment on that.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We love them all :yes: in fact we've planned later this year to see the halloween and christmas parties in the same stay.

REAL shame about pirates and princesses :( those parties were great too and the fireworks superb!
  7. Freckles

Freckles Earning my ears

My thoughts are if you are lucky enough to be there during these parties & you can swing the cost....go for it!!! Never did the MNSSHP -although I'd love that one....MVMCP was great & so was the P&P parties - so sad to see them cancelled...