1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Halloween Horror Nights 2011 at Universal Studios

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by Wendy, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Halloween Horror Nights 2011 to feature ‘The Thing’ haunted house at Universal Studios in both Orlando

In a late night announcement, Universal Studios revealed that the upcoming Hollywood version of “The Thing” will be featured as a haunted house in both coasts’ versions of Halloween Horror Nights - at Orlando, Florida and Hollywood, California.

“The Thing” hits theaters on Oct. 14 but Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood launches on Sept. 23, giving attendees and early glimpse at the film’s look and feel.

According to Variety, Universal theme parks worked with the movie’s to achieve authenticity from screen to scream, recreating sets, sounds and creatures.

An abandoned scientific research facility in the midst of a vast and frozen Antarctica will set the stage for “The Thing”. In the thriller “The Thing,” paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers as they’re infected, one by one, by a mystery from another planet.

The new version of “The Thing” is a reboot of the original 1982 film, a theme which was most recently featured at Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando back in 2007, in a haunted house called “The Thing: Assimilation‏.”

This is the first announced haunted house of 2011 for either version of the popular Halloween event, with only hints offered so far in Orlando. But the full reveal is promised in August, with more details sure to emerge between now and then.

Take a look at the first trailer for 2011’s “The Thing” to get an idea of what the Halloween Horror Nights house will be like:

Warning this clip is a horror movie

[video=youtube;Txjm94GnrPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txjm94GnrPA[/video]​
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I think I'm a little disappointed with this years theme. The Thing?! I'm not much a sci-fi horror person. (that being said the Alien movies are some of the best out there).
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The clip was bad enough for me :unsure: :hide:
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I'm sorry. And I was thinking it wasn't much at all. But then again, I love horror.

However, I just watched Sanctum about the underwater cave diving and I was terrified! Had to pause the movie. :lol:
  5. tabby

tabby Earning my ears

Mansfield in Nottinhamshire, England. In fact , Sh
    Haahaahaa I love Universal and much to the bemusement of my husbby get soo over exited when we go.

For years ( now unable to because of job) we went on holiday over Halloween and went in uni in the day and saw everything being prepared but it always looked to scary to go in the night:unsure: even though I am the horror fan.

Its because its real monsters and not nice Disney fun.

I was also always scared i would automatically punch someone if they jumped out on me and made me jump.

Did come hoem with some fantastic costumes though for the UK halloween x
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I won't even click on the video to watch the clip! :eek:

There is NO way I'd do Universal for Halloween. I am totally not into horror or gore. Life is scary enough without my looking for extra ways to scare myself out of what little wits I have left.

Disney's NSSHP parade features the headless horseman and that is quite enough for me thank you. It gave me the willies to see it although I thought it was very well done. :yes: