1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

halloween or christmas party??

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by chipndale, Jul 1, 2009.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

I've just noticed both are on whilst we're at disney we cant do both but which one is better??

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

They both have good things to say about them. We were there last year when they started the MVMCP but to me it was just too early to really get into the Christmas Spirit.

At MNSSHP you can trick or treat, dress up if you wish, and the parade has the headless horseman, which is really great.

At MVMCP there are the dancing reindeer and a wonderful Christmas parade. If you really aren't all that into the trick or treat thing then this party may be the one for you.

3. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

Haven't been to the christmas party but I absolutely loved the Hallowween party. I think we've been about 3 or 4 times and it is such fun. Any chance of you doing both?

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think for me it would depend on the time of year...

I LOVE Xmas, however, going to a Xmas party in the beginning of November would simply make no sense...

But also, going to a Halloween party in the middle of November would make no sense... hahahaha

From what Ive hear, there's more to do in the Halloween party, with the dressing up and the trick or treating inside MK

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I love them both I really do

There feels like there's more REASON for the halloween party. It's a bit like the theming at some resorts, you look at some of them and think the theme is just there for the sake of it whereas at the animal kingdom lodge, it all makes sense.

The halloween party is like that. There's a reason for it, things to do, trick or treat etc. It really has a very special feel

The christmas party, well we love christmas and this year we'll be doing it earlier than would feel natural but I THINK it'll be ok because when we're there, we're kinda emmersed in it.

If I REALLY had to choose, I guess it'd be halloween as parties go BUT theres something magical about all the christmas decorations with the christmas party

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Oh, I love Christmas at the parks. It is so magical.