1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

handicap parking spots?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by pixeemom, May 14, 2014.

1. pixeemom

pixeemom Earning my ears

Hi all
    can anyone tell me how close the handicap parking spots are to the main entrances of the parks?
    I was trying to look for a map but can't seem to pull one up.
    TIA
    Danielle

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Not very actually. They are the closest, but you will still be walking or taking a tram, if you do not want to walk. I believe those that are the closest to the park are the ones in AK. Some of them are nearly as close as the tram stop, but not all of them.

MK, of course still requires you to take a monorail or a ferry, unless you take a resort bus. Those buses drop you off a distance from the entry, so there is still walking involved.

Oh, DHS might have handicapped parking closer to the entrance than does AK, but it's been some time since I've been over there. EPCOTs HC parking would most likely still entail a tram ride to the entry.

3. Figment

Figment Imagineer

DHS is definitely the closest...then probably AK and certain spots at EPCOT aren't too bad. The parking spaces at the TTC are VERY far from the monorail/ferry boat....around the corner and down a hill.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I agree with Figment. DHS is definitely the closest. EPCOT depends on how busy the park is but some are actually closer than the nearest tram stop. AK is off to the right of the main gate there and are a bit of a hike but still reasonable. MK is definitely the worst. I had my handicap sticker in my window one day and told the CM that I would prefer to park and take the tram but he forced me to go to the Handicap lot (Lesson Learned here).

5. pixeemom

pixeemom Earning my ears

Oh man oh well guess we'll stick with the buses
    Thanks for the help

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh yes, especially for the MK. If you can take a bus with any amount of ease, then do so. It's much less cumbersome getting to the MK via the resort buses, than any other way.

For the other parks, at least the buses let you off in areas that have firm, flat walkways (no hills, or broken or rough areas) so if you are using any sort of appliance, or have a wheel or power chair, it's a breeze to get to the gates (albeit a lengthy breeze, sometimes).

7. pixeemom

pixeemom Earning my ears

thank you