1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Handmade gifts for fundraising..ideas needed!

Discussion in 'Arts, Crafts & Scrapbooking' started by mumof2, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

to tie in with Kate we raised quite a shocking amount of money with a cake walk at Tylers fundraiser. We had total of maybe 40 cakes, all different . Some in Christmas shapes, I did a large gingerbread man, some were shaped like ornaments or Santa. There was a beautiful glazed sponge, a carmel apple cake a fruitcake , you get my drift . You sell booklets of tickets say 5 chances for $10.00 and there is a row of chairs and every 1/2 hour or so depending on how many cakes you have you allow one group in( if you have 6 chairs then 5 people) and play a Christmas song. when the music stops have them find a chair( musical chairs!) the one left out wins the cake! Or marked sidewalk on the floor with phrases like winner, sorry ect and when the music stops the one on winner wins, or pass an ornament and the one who has it in their hands wins when the music stops. It doesn't have to be cake, it could be cany, cookie platters, wine, ect. We sold single tickets as well as booklets. The money comes from the fact that the winner pays only 2.00 for something that is worth more but will have to spend more if they really like that cake!
  2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

interesting ideas there Trish, thank you! :hug2:
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If you decide to go with the cup cakes, I can make you some sugar trees, stars, holly etc to put on the top. If you want some mini fruit Christmas cakes then I can make and ice them for you, you could make a little bag for them to go in. Jars of pickled onions with nice labels and a cover over the lid :unsre:

Christmas tags are another option, I always buy lots of them and if you need anything printing just holler :hug2:
  4. mumof2

awww Wendy, thank you. Bless you too! xx :hug2:
  5. Wendy

:hug2: Hospices are close to my heart too, I do all I can to support St Luke's who looked after Dad and any other hospice. I also give to MacMillan and Marie Cure :yes:
  6. mumof2

I know :hug2:

Sharon didn't feel the need to see the hospice nurses until within the 2 weeks before she passed away and saw them only a handful of times (what a girl hey?) They were fantastic, anything she needed was sorted immediately, and when she went into the hospice for her last 14 hours the care she received was so tender, what an amazing and special bunch of people. :yes:

They are my chosen charity, along with Macmillan and Cancer Research. :hug2:
  7. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Firstly.. :hug2: Well done on your sale.

I am a huge fan of Christmas craft stalls. :yes:
    If you are not having the next stall until December, remember that many people will already have purchased all of their Christmas cards/crackers/presents by then. :rolleyes: So I think decorations, or small personalised gifts, will be your best option. :thumbsup:

Found a few ideas if you need them:

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/how-to-make-intricate-christmas-ornaments2.htm

http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-ornaments/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/victorianchristmas/activities.shtml

Good luck. :hug2:
  8. mumof2

Thank you MP :hug2:

I'm hoping I can do another sale around 18/19 November as I know they'll have all been paid by then!

I'll go and have a look at those websites right now, there's a couple there I recognise but haven't looked at in ages :thumbsup:
  9. mumof2

The ball's rolling....I just spoke with the guy at the water company who is going to double check I can go in again, but he says as it's for charity he doesn't see a problem!

Keep your fingers crossed!
  10. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

11. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Hospice's are wonderful, the people that work there are so special and so much more personal, kinder etc than the staff at hospitals :yes:
  12. Wendy

They truly are Kate, nothing is too much trouble for them, they will do anything and everything they can, I don't think I could ever thank them enough for how they looked after my Dad :sigh:
  13. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Isabelle was 2 when BiL was admitted to the hospice for his care, they were wonderful there and didnt mind that i took her there to visit at all, they never once made us feel uncomfortable and didnt mind all the toys/prams/dollys etc that accompanied us on our visits! The hospital, well thats another story, we were very uncomfortable there and made to feel like we shouldnt be there :sorry:
  14. mumof2

St Barnabas is a new hospice, opened no more than 6 months ago. It replaced the original St B's hospice at a new site and is a beautiful, calm, peaceful place. Private rooms and bathrooms, gardens, lounges for visitors. If Sharon hadn't agreed to go in when she did she'd have been at the hospital which none of us would have wanted.

It was the perfect place, we couldn't have wished for better for her, for Martin and for the boys.

I haven't been into a hospice since my Nanny passed away when I was 18, this one is so very different to the one she was in.