1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hannah Montana co-creators sue Disney

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

"Hannah Montana" co-creators Richard Correll and Barry O'Brien say that Disney owes them money. The men claim that Disney has not paid them bonuses that are owed to them for their work on the Disney Channel show. They also claim that Disney won't let them look at the accounting records to investigate these bonuses.

According to Correll and O'Brien, they attempted to audit the company in June 2008, which Disney agreed to, but the company never followed through and produced the records.

Correll says he was fired by Disney in November, and subsequently blackballed from other Disney shows, because he testified at a hearing on behalf of the Writers Guild. According to the Courthouse News Service, the suit alleges that this firing was unfair and breached the parties' contract by refusing to allow the audit and refusing to pay promised contingency bonuses.

The plaintiffs seek $5 million plus punitive damages.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I heard about this and wondered what it was all about.

Having been on the receiving end of a similar situation (that resulted in NOT receiving) I'd say that they should be allowed to examine the books. :yes: